No kidding, it never stops with the Legos around here. I don't get it, myself. I was never that excited about them when I was a kid. Michael's parents still have huge buckets of them from when he and his brothers were young, so maybe their love for tiny plastic building blocks is a genetic trait passed through his side of the family.
I guess I preferred My Little Pony. (My Little Pony, My Little Pony. I love to comb your pretty hair.) And Jem. (Exciting adventure, fashion and fame! Once you're a Jem girl, you're never the same! Come on! Come on! And be a Jem Girl, JEM! Jem is my name!)
And for all you Christmas shoppers out there, I thought I'd share a little story. One of my most memorable Christmas gifts was the year that my two brothers and I each got our very own box of sugary cereal. Mine was Strawberry Shortcake. I think Deven got Count Chocula and Jordan got Boo Berry. I guess that just goes to show, sometimes the little things are best. I doubt my parents would have guessed that I'd be remembering my Strawberry Shortcake cereal 25 years later. Of course, it is a little odd that I also remember the entire theme song from Jem.
4 comments:
Mandy, you're awesome! I'm so glad you have a blog! Once again, the similarities are all too, well, similar! The boys love Legos, and I could have cared less about them when I was a kid. Clint brought buckets of Legos into our marriage as well, and Spencer has been extremely grateful. I did love Strawberry Shortcake, though. We had a record (yep, go ahead and make me feel old!) that we would turn on and act out the entire story. That and we'd sing and act out the entire musical "Annie."
We had an unfinished basement and used to rollerskate to Paula Abdul and Michael Jackson on MTV. Don't tell my parents, MTV was banned at our house.
Jem was not my very Fav, but Strawberry Shortcake was.
And we still give our kids sugar cereal for Christmas each year.
Welcome to Bloggerville!
Deven also fondly remember the cereal Christmas.
Post a Comment