Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oprah Wannabe

My favorite things, Part 1:

I enjoy National Public Radio. Michael enjoys NPR more than I do. Sometimes the programming gets so liberal we have to either turn it off or laugh, but for the most part, we like it. We especially love one program in particular, and that program has made my list of favorite things.

It is (drumroll):

Car Talk. It airs on NPR between 10:00 and 11:00 am Saturdays in our neck of the woods. I think it ran 11:00 to 12:00 in Boston, but I'm not quite sure about that. Click and Clack crack me up. The people who call in can be pretty funny too. Check out the streaming audio here and let me know what you think.
The brothers who host the show, Tom and Ray, live in my former hometown, Arlington. AND their auto shop is in Cambridge. AND they are hilarious.

Today's favorite thing #2 is:



And last, but not least,



And I will teach anyone to play it.

Stay tuned, more favorite things later . . .

7 comments:

Melanie said...

We love Bohnanza too! And where would I be without my red Kitchen Aid?

Jen said...

Cute post! I have a list of favorites, too that ramble through my mind. It makes me grateful to think of them!

EmilynDev said...

I have never heard lf Bohnanza but the next time we are all together I would love to learn!! Right now I LOVE my hotsling! Its a life saver!

Swordfish said...

I agree, I love my Red KitchenAid also, wait I don't have a red one, but I love my white one just as much. I will say I have never heard of the game though.

ellen said...

I love my red kitchen aid!

Amy D said...

I love Car Talk! I haven't listened to it in awhile, but it is so funny. I've never even heard of Bohnanza. What is it?

Mandy said...

Bohnanza is a bean farming strategy game. It is more fun than it sounds. Next time we come down, I'll bring it.