Seth danced with Henry and Alice with Calvin in the kid's dance contest. Alice and Calvin were picked as finalists! It was positively cute, especially since at three years old, they were obviously the youngest kids on the floor. Calvin was really patient as Alice bossed him, twirled around him and made him clap after each song. She later told me that she knew what she was doing out on the dance floor because she had seen Cinderella so many times.
I know it looks like she is beaning him in the head here, but they actually did this maneuver several times and nobody got hurt.
Disclaimer on Seth's 1950's-wear: He refused to have his hair slicked. He insisted on cuffing his own jeans. He only owns carpenter-style jeans, so the cuff would look lame anyway, I guess. He also refused to tuck in his shirt. To his credit, the 1950's is a completely obtuse concept for a six year old. I suppose I should consider myself lucky he would dress up at all.
These two totally reminded me of the "Johnny Be Good" scene in "Back to the Future."
Sorry, some of the pictures are kind of dark, but indulge me, and pretend that you can see how charming our children are.
I was a little bummed that Seth was so shy at the beginning of the dance, because cute little Olivia came and asked him to dance, and he said no. By the time he was comfortable, and wanted to ask her to dance, she would have none of it.
Let that be a lesson to him; hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Good thing he has Henry for a wingman.
8 comments:
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! How fun!
That is super cute. Seth reminds me of you when you were younger. Remember that your hair had to have no bumps in it? Sounds like he is just taking after his mother :)
That's so cute!
I love that she learned to dance from Cinderella!
Sorry about the scorn of Olivia. I know it well. These pictures are so cute. It was a fun night!
What a fun thing! I can't wait to get involved in school things with my kids; of course, the downside will be the homework and stuff like that, but so fun!
Pictures are worth 1000 words. Thanks for keeping me in touch with the cuties so far away.Love Mom
hooray for 50's music! Your kids are sooo cute. Holy cow, Seth has grown up so much. He seems like another Michael, always thinking. We miss you guys! Love,
Matt and Tracy
Post a Comment