Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm No Rocket Surgeon

Saturday I was at the grocery store checkout counter and saw all these rolls of cute crossword puzzles. They were really colorful, and looked so fun, kind of like rolls of stickers. What elementary school teacher isn't attracted to rolls of stickers? I asked the checker, "How much are the cute crossword puzzles?" His reply was, "Uh, ma'am, those are lottery tickets."
Oh.

6 comments:

amydear said...

This cracks me up! The question is, did you buy one, and did you win? Maybe you can find an alternate source for crossword puzzles.

Swordfish said...

That is funny. My kids ask for them all the time. They think they look fun.

EmilynDev said...

Thats funny! Even funnier was that I had a cart stacked full of groceries at Walmart and 2 kids. Got all through the checkout and I had no wallet. I was so mad!! I am very sad about Disneyland. We just spent about 850.00 to get Devs car out of the parking lot where it died last week! GRRRR!!

Amy D said...

I wouldn't have known either! Good for you for being naive.

Jenn said...

Awesome! Sometimes being naive is a bit embarrassing, but good at the same time!

vcsings said...

SOUNDS LIKE ONE OF MY KIDS. I RAISED YOU WELL. WHEN WE WERE WALKING THROUGH A CASINO TO SEE THE LIONS IN VEGAS LYD SAID" I DON'T LIKE IT IN HERE. LET'S GET OUT OF HERE AS QUICK AS WE CAN." I AGREED!LOVE YOU!