I sneak a few teaspoons of flax seed meal and soy protein powder into their oatmeal every morning.
I "run the batteries" out of their most obnoxious loud toys that they play over and over and over (what? they aren't in there? huh.) Chicken Dance Elmo used to live behind the couch in our living room. I attempted to send him home with every kid who ever visited and showed interest.

I "weed" out their candy stashes from Halloween, Easter and Christmas. Trust me, they still get plenty.
I put them to bed early (6:30 if I'm desperate) when Michael isn't home. If they want to know if it is really time to go to bed, then they should figure out how to tell time. Seth is catching on to this one.
I sometimes mix up their socks if I'm in a rush. Poor T, he wore ruffled bobby socks to the Post Office this morning.
I dice spinach into their scrambled eggs. If I dice it small enough, it looks kind of like pepper.
Often Alice insists on wearing the same purple dress (from Michael's brother's wedding when she was two) for days on end. Sometimes I have to color on it with a washable marker so that she will wear something else to pre-school.
Okay, I feel a little better, now that I have gotten some of this off of my chest. It will make me feel even better if you all confess too.
10 comments:
Very inventive! Remember how I used to try to make you think dad was home and coming to put you back to bed, by stomping really loudly up the stairs trying to sound like him? It worked for a little while.I have "Accidentally lost" a few items in my day, especially things that someone would want to wear that was too small or too grubby. Try it! The tears only last a day or two. Happy April Fools Day! Love mom
You better delete that post so your kids don't see it or you'll have you-know-what to pay! :)
I totally remember that Chicken Dance Elmo!!! That WAS very obnoxious. Luckily, you couldn't pawn it off on your downstairs neighbors (besides, we'd know where to bring it back). Nice work on the sneakiness.
Why is it that all your friends and family with no kids give you the most loud and annoying toys?:)
Payback will be sweet when I can return all the fun and loud toys to all that have given to me! Ha Ha. I have accidently "lost" or "broken" a few toys in my short time as a mom and now only buy or suggest toys to buy with NO batteries or at least an off switch.
And what's with musical toys only having one volume?? I wouldn't mind them as much if you could just turn them down. You are totally creative in your trickery! I love it! I'm not very good yet. About all I do is fill half a cup with juice and the rest with water and call it good. Or try to convince them that chocolate is actually something yucky, like broccoli. Somehow they don't believe me.
I water down all their juice (if they're lucky enough to have juice). Doesn't every dentist's wife do that?
I plop the vegetables right in front of them and say "you're not leaving this table until you try this." : )
Please don't tell me you STILL have Chicken Dance Elmo. You've hated that toy for years.
My sister the dietitian tells me much of the sugar in yogurt come from lactose, a naturally-occurring sugar found in milk. I buy the lite kind and don't feel too guilty. Maybe someday I'll make my own.
You are one tricky lady!
Chicken Dance Elmo is long gone (he went home with another happy family at the farewell Boston yard sale). Michael thinks we should have boxed it up and sent it to Hayden. He loved that thing!
See, like you say you are clever. So if you don't mind I am going to steal your ideas and pass them off as my own.....well i guess that won't work if the same family reads both blogs, but I am going to use some of your ideas if you dont mind
Brilliant. I think every good mom has to have tricks.
Post a Comment