I ordered these Safety Tats for the kids to wear on our upcoming trip to Disneyland. I can't wait for them to come! Thanks Kristen, for the tip.On Mother's Day Seth and Alice were having a little argument about something (should I admit this? I know you all have perfect children . . .) and Michael quietly suggested that they try harder to get along in honor of Mother's Day.
"Why?" Seth responded. "It's not Alice day!"
This morning I was sitting in my parked car thinking about something. I didn't realize that I had put one finger over my lips while I thought until T started hissing "Shhhhhh! Shhhhh Mom! Shhhh." I guess he's familiar with the shush, Mandy-style.
Time to take your grain of salt:
I've created quite a stir with my link to The Story of Stuff. Yes, it is all very Portland-y. It is sad when trees get cut down and all, but that is old news. The environmental stuff is not what is truly bugging me about this movie. What is bugging me is that the nation's economy is hung on my spending habits. I don't want the entire economic framework of our country to grind to a halt, but . . .
I hate that the stuff I buy is designed to break. I hate that platform shoes are only in style this year because I bought flats last year. I hate feeling like the vote I cast at Target with my pocketbook carries more weight than the vote I'll cast in the presidential election. I hate debt, and heaven knows this country is in it.
I also feel like a punk, because I have too much stuff. I have a feeling that my pioneer ancestors would roll over in their graves if they ever had the opportunity to take a gander at the contents of my closet. And yet, I'd really like a new shirt.
I currently own four (four!) strollers and am not satisfied with any of them (well I used to be, but my favorite one broke). My three year old daughter owns 2 pairs of sneakers, 2 pairs of mary janes, 3 pairs of Sunday shoes, 2 pairs of rainboots, 2 pairs of sandals and a truly chic pair of brown boots. I list what Alice has, because if my pioneer ancestors knew how many pairs of shoes I have, they'd roll over in their graves twice. Alice's shoe wardrobe probably just makes them sneeze, or maybe cough a little.
Needless to say, I have a problem, and it is all the government's fault! Just kidding. It is my fault. I resolve to be better.
Okay, enough about that. Now you know what frosts my cookies.
Time for bluebirds and sunshine. Look at this:
10 comments:
In case your interested I just ordered both the kids several pairs of shoes from the Childrens Place. All of them were under five dollars. But I know what you mean. Gwenners cant walk and she has more shoes then I have ever owned at one time.
Yes, love love love shoes. I have enough for 10 years, so says my husband, but I am sure I need more. Just bought a new pair of Birkenstocks so they are good for the environment right? Hooray for cute shoes.
I must admit Rick has more shoes than me. I hate shoes. My kids only have 2 pair each. There is something about shoe shopping and the price that I despise. But I will go purse shopping any day of the week:)
Mandy, If you do not put your blogs into a book, you will be depriving all mankind of a good laugh every day! You are so talented to put your regular day happenings down on paper in such a way that every mother relates to them and gets a smile inside. Love you lots, MOM
Mandy, you know we love you, right? Yesterday's humor was all in fun. I definitely think you're right about the "stuff" stuff. We do have entirely too much, and it ticks me off too that it's all "planned" that way by our government (or WalMart-type buyers) to go out of style or break so we'll buy more. It's frustrating. Anyway...on to other things. Thanks for the tip on those temporary ID tattoos. That's definitely worth it for Disneyland/Disneyworld. But alas, it's just more "stuff", right? :) Sigh.
Of course you love me. How could you not?
Hi, Mandy! Your blog is so hysterical! Keep the laughs coming!
Hugs,
Julie
I think you will love those tattooes :) What I really want to know is exactly how mant pairs of shoes do you have?
Quick question. Grandma Elder is having problems leaving you comments because she gets lost with the word verification thing. If you are using it for security I understand, but if not, she would really appreciate you remove it. She has tried to leave 3 comments on your blog and just gives up because she gets confused. Thanks.
I hear you, that is fine I will tell her. I am registered with www.themomblogs.com I am getting a lot of hits now and I am also thinking about selling advertising space. that is a good site to start on.
Post a Comment