Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's All About Me

Michael took the two big kids camping, and brought me a big pot of tulips before he left. I cleaned the whole house this morning, and I liked it. I didn't even turn on the stereo, because I was relishing the peace.
T has enjoyed playing with toys that are usually off-limits to him. I ate strawberries and almonds for breakfast because I didn't have to cook the usual Saturday muffins. I haven't had to listen to anyone whine in almost 19 hours. So far, it has been a divine Mother's Day weekend.
But I am still excited for them to come home, and . . . .
I am SO excited for these guys to visit!

5 comments:

amydear said...

Hey, we're excited to see you too! And I won't ask you to lift a finger on my behalf. Kyle offered me McDonald's for dinner. I declined. Glad you're having a divine Saturday.

Tamy said...

Mandy,
Isnt peace nice for a few days??? 2 weeks ago Rick took the girls camping and it was me and X for 3 days. My house stayed cleaned, I watched whatever I wanted, read a book, wondered around stores and relaxed. It was so nice and I was so excited for them to come home. Enjoy.

Swordfish said...

Amen sister, or should I say cousin. Right now it is just me and Rainee, girls night alone. So on comes Enchanted without any protests from the males of the house and a bowl of popcorn to ourselves.

Jen Demaris said...

Thats awesome! Sounds nice! By the way I am sorry that I havent been more in touch with u lately, I need to come visit but I have literally been out of town for almost a month! I will be calling, hope all is goin good! Happy Mothers day! I dont know how you do it so well with 3! Your amazing!

Amy D said...

What heavenly alone time! Clint is taking the boys to Fathers & Sons this next weekend, so I'm going to enjoy some R&R as well. Can't wait! Have fun with the Petersons for us. Wish we could be there too!