This was taken on our way out of the library. A trip to the library with these two is a trip indeed. T enters the library with the goal of un-shelving as many books as possible in a five minute span of time. Alice enters the library with the goal of tattling on T as much as she can. By the time we've left the children's section I'm usually pretty much over the library. In order to get any reading material of my own I have to reserve books online and pick them up at the front desk when I check out. It's not a bad system, actually.
My kids LOVE LOVE love books. I don't know where they get it from (snort). We check out about 30-40 pounds of books every week. I measure in pounds, because I have to tell the kids to stop adding books when the bag gets too heavy for me to carry.
Some recent reading favorites of ours have been:
Mandy- Uncle Tom's Cabin. I know, I can't believe I haven't read it before either. It's a treasure.
Michael- USMLE Step 2 CS Skill Exam Prep books (okay, not a favorite, but its what he's reading)
Seth- The Secrets of Droon Series and books about sports.
Alice- Thumbelina
Thomas- Baby Farm Animals (He calls it neigh-neigh).
Alice's class went on a field trip last week to the zoo. I realized when I watched her step on the trip school bus that she is growing up too quickly. I even got a little misty right around my eye area. My little girl . . . sniff.
It was sweet that when I came to pick her up her teacher had to carry her off the bus because she had fallen asleep. That made me feel a little better about the my-3-year-old-baby-girl-will-be-trying-on-prom-dresses-next-week misgivings that I'd had the entire morning.
5 comments:
They are so cute! Can't wait to see you guys this month!
I went to my pantry and checked out my cooking spray and my cans don't have labels, they are somehow printed right on the can, so sorry I have not experienced that in my house. I understand the feeling of kids growing up fast, Mason turns 2 in 2 weeks and I cannot believe it.
I'm with you. Library visits are TOUGH. Thanks for the recommendation on the Secrets of Droon serious, though. The boys are LOVING them (though Parker says it "really bugs" him that they go under the floor and end up with a blue sky. I tell him to use his imagination, but it's not working very well. Isn't that funny?)
Oh my gosh, a book I have read that you haven't ! Wow! Will wonders ever cease? I LOVE Uncle Tom's Cabin, but would never have picked it on my own. I am so glad I read it, it was a life changer.
That's why they call non-stick, works on the label too!
Post a Comment