Thursday, July 17, 2008

Regression

blog readability test

Movie Reviews


This website thinks I'm still in high school. Come on. I have a degree. Just because I talk to kiddos all day does not mean that my brain has regressed that much.
I still have the prologue from Chaucer's Canterbury Tales memorized!
Whan that Aprill with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote,
And bathed every veyne in swich licour
Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
(okay, you get the idea . . . .)

Maybe if I discuss in depth more esoteric subjects . . .
For instance, Quantum mechanics which is the study of mechanical systems whose dimensions are close to or below the atomic scale, such as molecules, atoms, electrons, protons and other subatomic particles. (Okay, I stole that from Wikipedia.)

Or maybe I should borrow from the article that Michael published last year for a medical journal about adjuvant therapy and giant cell tumors. I can't even remember the title of that article, it was so complex.

Or I could discuss how much I enjoy standing in the middle of a park holding a freshly picked dandelion bouquet, given to me by children who love me. Yeah, that's better.

I have entered some of your blogs into the reading level calculator, and some of you are geniuses. I'll forget about my own regression and just be glad I have the opportunity to bask in your greatness.

Okay, I have decided that the assignment of reading level is completely arbitrary. I entered in my extended family's blog address, and it is at a genius level. I KNOW that blog is not at a genius level. My brother played "Baby Name Survivor" on that blog, hoping to convince his wife to let him name their new baby daughter "Booster Gold."

12 comments:

Parkside View said...

If you have regressed to high school level (which is how I remember you anyway, and that's pretty dang smart!), then I fear I might be at elementary level! I'd rather not know. Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss!

vcsings said...

HUH?

EmilynDev said...

The Booster Gold argument was pretty good.

EmilynDev said...

HAHAHA!!! I just did my blog and it is at a college level!!! That is so funny

Swordfish said...

Mine is at High School. Well maybe I should work harder to incorporate some bigger words in there.

Jenn said...

Um, mine is at Genius level, too, so that's really funny! I'm pretty sure I'm a heck of a lot less genius than you, Mandy! Fun, though!

Amy D said...

I think you're a genius, Mandy. And if it makes you feel any better, I don't do my blog to show people how smart I am. It's just a fun way of keeping track of our family. What a funny site, though. I'll go enter my site right now (though I'm sure I won't be surprised when it shows me at the preschool level, if there is one).

Amy D said...

Sorry to tell you this Mandy, but mine just tested as "genius." Now THAT'S funny!

amydear said...

Yours is one of the wittiest blogs out there, so the gauge must be stupid. I'm not sure I want to test mine, but I'm curious, so I probably will.

amydear said...

Mandy! I hate that thing. Mine came in at Junior High. I hated junior high. Now I need to go put in a bunch of big words. How do they decide that anyway??

Amy D said...

Girls, girls...you two use the biggest words and ideas ever on your blogs. No worries! It must just be some random assignment. Junior high and High school--nothin'! You guys are definitely on a graduate school level in my book!

Mandy said...

Thank you Amy. I seriously think it is arbitrary, though it seems like blogs with more pictures get higher ratings. I wonder if the program is reading the HTML?