The Grand Am went the way of all the earth today 10 minutes after I picked it up from the mechanic. ("This should hold you for a while, but you really should be looking at a new car," thats what he said.)
The good news is, it broke down on my own street.
The other good news is a friend was home to watch my munchkins while I worked things out.
The other good news is, I have lovely neighbors. No less than 10 people stopped to ask if they could do anything to help while I waited for the tow truck. A complete stranger even offered to bring me a latte.
The other good news is that I really should have been home cleaning my house instead of driving around anyway.
The last good news is that there was plenty of strawberry ice cream in the freezer to soothe my frazzled nerves.
The bad news is, several people who I love are very very sick right now. I am praying for you all.
6 comments:
Mandy, I am very sorry about the Grand Am, but wasn't it a fun car. You always looked so sleek and modern, with everyone smashed into almost every crevice of that sweet car. Funny how things change over the years, from a fun loving teen to a wonderful mom of 3, but yet, the car stayed the same. I am glad it is out of its misery.
Good luck with the car hunting; I know you'll find a good one and will build NEW memories! Thanks for having Michael call - we really appreciate you guys!
Sorry to hear about your car. we are also having car problems. There is just no way we can afford to get a new car right now and we don't want to go into debt either. we are trying to do school with cash right now, so we figure the sacrifice will be worth it.
I'm so sad for you, Mandy! I loved that car! Good luck choosing another one.
I hope the new car hunt is fun and quick! And I LOVE ice cream, frazzled nerves or not. You should have taken up the latte offer, but asked for a big hot cocoa or something else instead. : ) Glad you have nice neighbors. Sorry your car decided to die. : (
I hate car problems. In the last month we have replaced the transmission, and now we are replacing the kitchen floor. Ha. And our yard is being devoured by tent caterpillars--another potential costly "repair." Good luck with the car! I hope you find a good one.
Post a Comment