Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nie Nie

This is a blog I have only been reading recently, since the plane crash. I think this woman has inspired a lot of people, and her family deserves some extra prayers.

Click here for:

Nie Nie Recovery

Updates from Nie Nie's sister:

C Jane Run

This story also strikes a chord with me because it sounds so similar to one that occurred in my on family's history. When my mother was a teenager her aunt and uncle were killed in a light plane crash. Their six children came to join my grandparents who had five of their own. Several of these children were teenagers at the time, which required I'm sure, an abundance of extra patience and sacrifice on the part of my grandparents.

2 comments:

Parkside View said...

I,too, have been following this story recently. I have been totally enamoured by Stephanie's style, grace, and passion as demonstrated through her blog. It has inspired me to be a better person, to be sure!

Mauri said...

Isn't this sad?? We'll definitely keep them in our prayers...

on a lighter note, rick met someone who rotated with michael in oregon. his name is bryce leavitt and michael was his resident...small world! bryce is now a 2nd year oral surgery resident at mayo.