
If you ever camp at the Cape Perpetua campground in Yachats Oregon, be sure to ask for site number 14. It is so picturesque.

Try not to be too jealous of all my granola hotness.

The kids spent 80% of the trip throwing rocks, sticks, and leaves into the stream.

Checking out a centipede.

This tree is the second largest Sitka Spruce in the world. It is over 800 years old. Our Boston (now Eugene) friends met us for the hike and a trip to the beach.

The kids liked climbing inside the tree's roots.

A little perspective on how deep the root system of the Sitka Spruce goes.

The psychedelic mushroom we found on the hike.

A lizard by the bathroom.

Staying hydrated.

Jillian and Seth being buddies again after four years apart.



The Landmark Restraunt in Yachats. (pronounced Yah-hatz) Michael ate his weight in clam chowder.
8 comments:
Looks like fun! Wish I was there. Oh wait, I was! And it was fun. : ) I love the pic of J and S splashing in the waves. How cool. Literally.
Would you believe I actually know where you were at? I went there in high school with some friends. It is beautiful. Glad you had a good time, I hope the weather was nice. It was stormy and cold here.
The pictures of sunlight filtering through the forest canopy are gorgeous! I bet your children absolutely loved that environment. It's perfect for exploring. How fun!
That place looks gorgeous! How far is that from your house? What a fun trip. And I'm not even going to comment on the fact that I wish I were there with you guys. Nope, not going to do it.
This looks like fun! It has been a long time since camping for me, and I kinda miss it, but I am most impressed that in the last picture (second to last) I see shorts and tee shirts. That can be rare on the beach.
Rick was jealous when he saw the pictures, he misses washington/oregan. I don't miss the Rain. Looks like you had a fun family get-a-way. P.S. No my camera is not back, still using my purse camera where half of my pictures turn out blurry. Hopefully on Wednesday.
Mandy and Michael,
What a fun, fun, fun vacation. You will cherish these moments and so will your kids. How lucky to have you two for parents. What cute pictures, cute kids and cute parents! Love MOM
Sounds like fun.......your pictures are great! That camera is really paying off! What a fun Labor Day weekend. Is it true that Seth isn't covered with mosquito bites? How is he doing??? We have been thinking about you a lot today. It looks like Seth and Olivia will be at the same table this year......fun!!!
Post a Comment