When stuck inside with a sick child on a February day, it makes me feel happy to pull up Travelocity and plan a hypothetical trip to Hawaii.
Michael and I would stay here:

I'd lose five pounds and buy this:

So we could do this:

And drink this.

And we'd call home every evening for reports from our Mary Poppins nanny who would happily expound upon the miraculously angelic behavior of these guys:



And I'd completely forget that last night I had to catch someone else's vomit in my hands. I'd not think about the fact that my carpet and upholstery will single-handedly improve ChemDry's rating on the stock exchange by at least four points. And I will be able to go more than 24 hours without saying the words barf, Goldfish crackers, diaper, sippy cup, play-doh, bath toys, basketball practice, dance lessons, homework, chicken nuggets, Elmo or princess.
And after a few days I will probably realize how desperately I miss it all.
14 comments:
I'm coming with you.
only I have to drop 20 to look good in that swimsuit.
All true! We should meet up in a few years in Hawaii. And you don't need to lose the 5 pounds for the suit. We had the barf thing two weeks ago, so I feel for you.
The Amy's are always invited.
Maybe if I catch Seth's virus I can get rid of the five pounds by this weekend . . .
I wanna go but I have to drop 30 pounds. LOL. But it would be worth it:)
Hey! I have NEVER been to Hawaii. I think it is my turn next! I would not even try on the swimsuit even though I have lost 30 pounds, so there! Love MOM
You'll be planning that vacation for real in no time!
AWH, brain vacations are awefully nice. And, I am fairly certain you do NOT need to lose 5 lbs to look fab in that suit!
Ummm... Chem-Dry is privately held...
Your "brain vacation" is my reality. Not to depress you or anything, it was just a shock to see those pics and think, "hey, I can do that right now!" I love living in tropical paradise. It will be a huge adjustment when we move back to the States.
Better to catch puke in your hands than in other places!
I love this post because it made me feel like someone else knew exactly what I sometimes experience as a mother, and the feeling is mutual...I would also desperately miss it if I were removed from it for a few days--even if to an exotic location, five pounds skinier, drinking coconut milk!
You don't need to lose 5 lbs, and I bet that suit is on sale! You are so funny! It would take me a few weeks to miss it all, I'm sure. I am right there with you, wishing for a little vacation somewhere lovely! Let's go and leave Jon and Michael to the kids!
Wow! I love this idea. I'm going on a vacation in just a few minutes. How much does Mary Poppins charge? If I can't come up with a perfect vacation.. can I crash yours?
Is Amy #3 invited too? Oh please, oh please. And hey, that's my suit!!! I wore it this weekend, in fact :)
Amy D is welcome too, although she just barely spent the week in Mexico and doesn't need a fake vacation because she just had a real one! But, it would be more fun with you there, so I guess you'd better come.
Post a Comment