Saturday, March 28, 2009
Breaking for Spring: First in a Series
Yaquina Bay Lighthouse in Newport, OR. T had a cold and used that as an excuse to turn into Mr. Cranky-Pants.
Waiting patiently in line to climb to the top. The tour guide filled the wait time by telling the kids all about how the lighthouse was haunted by a ghost. I was tempted to ask for the guide's home phone number so he could keep the kids company when they were up with nightmares later that evening.
The light. For some reason I kept wanting to sing songs from Pete's Dragon while I was looking at it.
Climbing the tower. Al was just barely tall enough (42 inches) to make the climb. T had to stay on the ground with Grandma.
The view from our beach front hotel room. Would that I could wake up to this every morning. Of course we only swam in the hotel pool, but the beach was a perfect place to fly kites and check out tide pools.
So maybe Newport isn't the sunniest place in the world to spend spring break, but we had a blast. Michael's parents came up from the motherland, and his brother and sister-in-law's family came too. Thanks for a great week guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Sounds like fun to me.
That was a great week. Now I feel like I need to rest from the vacation! Thanks for a great time, you guys sure are good company!
Looks like so much fun!
Fun! Your hair looks so much darker to me than I remember!!
OK Mandy, I just left a message on your FB account. That looks like so much fun! How long of a drive would it be for us to come and do that? The boys would totally love it!
Julie,
Every time I am pregnant the hairs get darker. Don't know why, but it saves me $ on a color kit.
Amy, Come to Oregon! Come visit me!
Love the pics!MOM
I love lighthouses! How fun! Funny, this last week or two, Braden has decided that he loves dragons, so I've been singing songs from Pete's Dragon all week!
"I'll be your candle on the water...."
That looks like such fun! I need a vacation. Are you pregnant? I saw your comment to Julie. Congratulations if you are! No one tells me anything.
this looks like fun, a little cold, but fun. And... scary stories? I don't think I'd appreciate that one bit!!!
Brittany, I am so very extremely not pregnant . . . it is just that Julie hasn't seen me in such a long time, I've had a few kids since we last got together!
Post a Comment