The other day I gave T and Al a snack in a bowl for them to eat while I was driving to pre-school. It was an extremely pleasant day (70 degrees HA!) so we all had the windows down. On the way home I heard T say, "That's too bad. Too bad!" but I didn't think much of it. Not until I unloaded the car and T's bowl was missing. "T, did you throw your bowl out the window?"
T: "I drop it. That's too bad."
Oops.
It reminds me of the time when Seth was about the same age as T and we took him on a family trip to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake. Seth chucked his brand new sandal into the orangutan pen and laughed maniacally as I looked on in despair.
I notified a zookeeper of the situation, and he came with a hooked pole device kept especially for such occasions. Once he arrived, however, the sandal was no longer within our sight. That is, until a giant orangutan lifted up one side of his massive rear end, pulled out the new sandal and began to chew on it as if it were the most delectable morsel he had ever had the joy of savoring.
"Well," the zookeeper said, "If you come back tomorrow morning, I might be able to get it for you then."
Ew.
5 comments:
Great stories. I hope they go in their baby books!
That is good. It reminds me of years ago, probably 5 years when my dad came to Utah and took the kids to Hogle Zoo and Tucker threw his sandle into the hippo enclosure. We also utilized that pole with the hook to retrieve it, but alas the hippo ate his sandle. Oh well.
That's too bad, huh. Still laughing out loud. Perhaps becuase it could so easily be my little guy.
Mandy, he sounds like such a hoot! I can totally visualize those innocent words coming out of his sweet, little face!
O.h. m.y. g.o.s.h! I've never heard the zoo story...I'm still laughing! That's hilarious!
Post a Comment