Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Roach Infestation

Seth's school play was the musical Bugz. He really really wanted to be a cockroach. Since it wasn't a particularly sought after part, his wish was easily granted.
The Mexican theme of his costume was actually his music teacher's suggestion. I had my reservations about it (I wouldn't want to offend anybody of that particular heritage) but since it was her idea and I didn't have a better one . . . we went with it.

Grandma and Grandpa came and congratulated him after his amazing performance in the bug chorus. Some of the kids got balloon bouquets and large arrangements of roses after the show. Seth was happy with a high-five and a hug. If he eventually ends up on Broadway we'll think about throwing in a carnation or two.

10 comments:

vcsings said...

I'm jealous that I did not get to see the play. Maybe when you come down he will sing his bug song? Love you! Mom

amydear said...

He's the cutest cockroach I've ever seen! We miss you guys. Hope to see you sometime this summer.

Jen said...

I can't believe we missed it! I think that Seth makes a great cockroach, and I mean that in the nicest possible way!

Tamy said...

Cockroaches aren't my thing but I think Seth looks great, so I wouldn't squish him:) Love the smile!

Parkside View said...

I think it's great he was content with a hug and high-five. Jason and I just had a conversation about how we hated the fact that children in our primary have been trained to believe that they must get a candy or treat for enduring the three hour block. That bugs me to no end (bug pun intended)!

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Hilarious that he wanted to be a cockroach! What a funny kid. I bet he was enthusiastic about his part!

Swordfish said...

You and I must be related. I was teh same with my kids school plays, hugs and hi-5's all around while others were getting flowers and balloons. If they start that now what are we suppose to give them in high school???? If we start out little then flowers adn balloons will be great for highschool.

Jen said...

Emma's grade did "Bugz" at her school a few years ago. Emma was a caterpillar who turned into a butterfly. I'd rather be a cockroach, too :) Not.

Val Moir said...

Ha Ha, that is a cute memory La cucaracha!! What a cool kid you have!!

Melanie said...

A Mexican cockroach? That's awesome!