I know I haven't been very bloggy lately. We had a fabu Utah adventure that will be recorded shortly . . . but first things first.
Alice turned five.

We had a small party the on what was supposed to have been the day before our exodus to Utah. (Dora's transmission had to be rebuilt which muddled our plans a little).

My sister Brianna helped with the face painting, cupcake decorating, supply buying and general crowd control. Check out her hair. It is generally considered to be the among the greatest heads of hair in America.

Activities included a pinata manned by Dr. Dad (he had to go right back to work after, hence the blue pajamas) and pin-the-dot on the ladybug.

This picture illustrates why boys do not belong at birthday parties for little girls. Each little girl daintily put on the blindfold, tip-toed over to the lady bug and carefully placed the dot on it's back.
Seth put on the blind fold and staggered around with his arms out moaning "Beware the undead . . . I am a zombie . . . take me to your leader."

One of the perks of having a birthday at the park is that the small guests can all run amok and I can talk to grown-ups while they do it. And we all know that talking to grown-ups is pretty much one of my favorite pass times ever.
And for my Alice, I just love her little five-year-old self. She is the perfect combination of spunk and girl. Her Betty Rubble giggle can make my day.
And I think you'll agree, that if Brianna gets the crown for best grown-up hair ever, Alice's baby hair would have taken the prize as well. Just check these out:




She's just growing up too quickly, as is evidenced by the fact that the only things she asked for for her birthday were a pink rug for her room and a tube of lip gloss. Sigh.
8 comments:
What a beauty! Happy birthday to Alice. And I'm SO very glad to see that Seth would most likely not be scared of "Dark Liz" anymore. Yea for little boys!
Oh the lip gloss, once it starts they never stop. I warn you it is addictive
Yes, it's true. Alice and Brianna both have fabulous hair!
Strangely enough I was just telling someone about your sister's hair. I am not sure why, though...
She is truly darling. What a lovely little face!
I had a good laugh about the picture and description of Seth. And to think we throw parties with lots of little boys! Crazy!
Alice is so beautiful and she does have the best hair ever! Happy Birthday Alice.
She is so cute! :) Even if she doesnt like hugs!
Happy Birthday Alice! 5?! Can that be right? Next you will be telling me T is 3! WHAT?!
She is adorable. So big. I love her birthday requests.
Post a Comment