Monday, November 9, 2009

Battle Wound

Last week our lawn was a carpet of red and yellow leaves. Alice, Seth and the neighborhood kids made a grand after school plan to use brooms and sweep them all into a pile as big as the house.

Here is an important formula for you all to remember:

LITTLE BOY (Seth) + A BROOM =

(picture taken right before Michael removed the stitches-you'll thank me for not showing how she looked a few days before)

When she first ran up to show me I thought it was just a bump, so I wasn't very sympathetic. After she took her hand off of her face I realized I had never seen so much blood coming out of one of my children in my life. In Seth's defense, he had no idea she was standing behind him. It was a complete accident.
The good news is, we have an extremely useful connection at the hospital.

8 comments:

vcsings said...

Boy the stitches did not have to stay in for very long did they? I am glad that it was not any worse.
Love you all!

Swordfish said...

Oh poor Alice. Bowen did the same thing to Rainee a few years back except it was with a rake and it was teh side of her head. I can't believe you have made it this long without copious amouts of blood coming out of one of your kids. Good job.

The King Family said...

Darnit! Glad she is ok and it didnt poke her eye out of something!

Tamy said...

Love the face she is making. LOL I am glad she is okay.

Parkside View said...

I love the face she is making in the picture. She looks like she could be a pirate.

I looked at the full-size image of the photo and I must say that is a pretty good cut (but seems to have healed very cleanly). That's some quality stitch work!

EmilynDev said...

The face she is pulling is perfect! Poor girl. The dangers of having brothers!

Jenn said...

Yikes! Glad it wasn't worse!

Amy D said...

OUCH! I'd love to have a Doctor around here. That would come in handy quite often.