Apple's new i-pod shuffle. This little baby has really revolutionized my run. It is smaller and lighter than a AA battery. Clipping it on my shirt is a thousand times better than wearing a sweaty neoprene band around my arm. The volume and song control is on the earpiece cord, so I can make adjustments without looking down. The only thing that would make me happier with it would be a built in GPS and pace calculator . . .
Okay, the MacBook Pro is really Michael's pet, but I've fallen in love with it this year. We haven't had a single virus, it is still just as fast as the day we got it last year, and it is so lightweight. The desktop PC is still technically my computer, but I can't even remember the last time I turned it on. The poor machine has turned into the red-headed stepchild ever since MacBook showed up. I have high hopes for it's durability too, considering our last Apple laptop lasted us seven years running current software. It's actually still functional . . . just too slow for our needs.
This CD has been on continual play in the car ever since we picked it up. Seth is such a science fanatic, the tunes on Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants has quickly become a fast favorite. We had to have the obligatory creation vs evolution discussion regarding the song My Brother the Ape but all the songs have really opened the family dialogue about paleontology, the elements and the earth in general. The CD comes with a DVD with the music videos.
Here is T's favorite birthday toy. Leapfrog Fridge Words tells him which letters to put in and what he's spelled. Even though it is a noisy toy (typically not a favorite of mine) he is so enamored with the thing that I can't help but recommend it.
Alice and Thomas are both quite prolific artists. They discovered a set of Melissa and Doug wooden stencils and some colored pencils that I've had hanging around since my pre-school teaching days and haven't put them down since. I love a good quiet toy.
We have a wall in our living room that is almost entirely windows. Combine that with the fact that our sliding closet doors are covered in mirrors, and you can see why we enjoy Crayola's Window Markers. The kids play with them for hours, and when they are done . . . they wash it all off! I also use them to write chore lists on the mirror.Other recent favorites are scarves, The Hunger Games Books, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, Pandora.com, and good old fashioned Play-Doh.
5 comments:
The window markers look like the equivalent of indoor sidewalk chalk.I wish they had been around when you were a kid. I tried to get into the Hunger Games book, but it was too depressing to me. Maybe I did not read far enough. Anyway,all in all, a pretty good Oprah list. I look forward to those every year. Love you! MOM
Love the underwear on Alice's head.
I thought They Might be Giants only specialized in geography. You know..."Istanbul was Constantinople. Now it's Istanbul not Constantinople. Been a long time gone, Constantinople. Why did Constantinople get the works? That's nobody's business but the Turks."
Oh, wait! they did branch out into gometry a bit, too. "Triangle man. Triangle man. Doing the things a triangle can. What's he like? It's not important. Triangle man."
Oh man, that was a total trip back to high school. Ha!
All good tips. I will put in my order for one of each, please!
We love They Must Be Giants also. My kids learn geography from them. I may have to try the science one also. We also like the window markers. I would never question undies on Alice's head because it happens in our house also.
Great ideas! Clint's hoping for the Shuffle this year, and I think I'm going to go buy some of those Crayola markers. The boys will love them!
Post a Comment