Sunday, December 27, 2009
In Hopes that St. Nicholas Soon Would Be There . . .
Our Christmas Eve attempt at a Nativity after the original Mary fell asleep and a shepherd opted out. We still had enough actors for Mary and Joseph, a shepherd, and one king. Mary and Joseph spent much of the Bible reading arguing about who the manger should be closest to and aggressively rearranging poor baby Jesus in his manger. Michael read the Bible story in record time before the whole crew lost interest.
Some good friends joined us for the Nativity, dinner, dessert and also brought party poppers. The hats were favors inside the poppers. Cute, huh? The spread in the kitchen behind Michael illustrates our long standing family holiday tradition of preparing more food than we could possibly ever eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My Mom had those poppers at one of our dinners this season too. Very fun! By the way, I saw Rosemary at church today (she was visiting her parents). We both sang your praises :)
Isn't it funny how all young children seem to fight over the baby Jesus? I even remember doing that myself when I was younger and portraying Mary along with Clark as Joseph. What fun Christmas memories!
We also had our Nativity with A LOT of Angles, Kings, Wisemen and various others and no one dare fight over Baby Jesus (aka Tressy) because Mary (Missy) had a very very tight hold on her and Joseph (Bowen) was not pleased to be Joseph. He thought it was gross he was married to his cousin. LOL. We totally missed you guys.
The pictures are awesome! Put up more! I was so thankful for the skyping we did via Em's computer on Christmas night! It made me not feel like I missed out on everything with your family.Love you all! MOM (Grandma)
Post a Comment