Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Little Competition for Clark Griswold

Funny, the tree didn't seem that big when we picked it out. After it took four adults to lift it onto the car however . . .
One of the perks of living in Oregon is that you can buy a gargantuan Christmas tree from you son's cub scout troop for $20. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Gail and Ted for the bungees they gave us for our wedding 10 years ago . . . very useful for securing Big Green to Dora's back.

We have 12 foot ceilings, and had to cut a couple inches off the top branch so it would fit. Then Michael and I spent 45 minutes having this conversation:

"That tree is crooked."
"That tree is perfectly straight!"
"Nooooo, that tree is crooked . . . see?"
(Adjusts tree)
"Now it's crooked!"
"It looks fine from here."

Sometimes I have to remind myself that meticulous perfectionism is actually a good characteristic in a surgeon.
If the tree looks crooked to you, I really don't want to hear about it. Instead, please feel welcome to comment on how adorable my family is in pajamas.

5 comments:

Parkside View said...

$20 for that gargantuan tree? That's a steal(so who cares if it's crooked...or perfectly straight)!

By the way, your family is very adorable in pajamas.

Vixie said...

In person it is perfectly straight...and looks great, as does the new pad (and the family in their jammies).

Jen said...

The tree looks straight as an arrow. I am loving it!

vcsings said...

Your family DOES look adorable in their pajamas! What a cute Christmas picture. Who is taking it? I think the tree bends in the middle, so there is no way on earth you can get it to look straight. Consider it a personality trait and just enjoy! It IS beautiful!

Phoebe said...

The last picture does not truly show how big the tree is. I prefer the shot from the stairs trying to see the TV past it:)
And it seems as straight as they come.