Thursday, February 11, 2010

An Open Letter To The Grandparents

We tried getting a decent picture of them for your valentine.
Honest.
But frankly, what we came away with wasn't even worth taking the time to work red-eye reduction on. Even the miraculous Photoshop couldn't have fixed these pictures.
So I didn't.
We still love you, even though we sent a photo-free valentine this year.
I'm actually surprised we all survived the experience.



Addendum: I feel like I need to be an advocate for Thomas now. He's been getting some bad press on the blog lately, and the fact is, he's a pretty easy-going kid. He's my little buddy and doesn't mind being toted all over town to lessons and babysitters. He plays well with others too, which is big, considering the fact that he's three. I'll also brag that he knows the whole alphabet and the sounds that they make. He can even spell a few three-letter words. We'll keep him . . . we just won't take any pictures of him for a while. Or let him loose while I'm singing in public.

5 comments:

Parkside View said...

Your children all have amazing smiles (I was able to get that much from the photo). My favorite picture, though, has to be the third one!

Swordfish said...

those are precious pictures and Thomas and Mason must be the same age cause we have the same problem with pictures of Mason.

vcsings said...

Thank you Mandy! I really needed a chuckle this morning! I love the pictures maybe even more than if T. had held still! The one on the ground reminds me of Lydia at your wedding reception. Love you all and Happy Valentines Day!

Raina said...

I LOVE these pictures. They make me smile knowing that I'm not the only one that has trouble getting my kids to sit, smile and look. Really.. should it be so hard?

P.S... I'm SO glad you were singing in the Primary room today!!! It was just the uplift I needed! I wish you were doing that every week. I might stand a little taller. come back anytime!

amydear said...

Our valentines to grandparents somehow fell out of the mailbox and onto the ground. And it was raining. So we brought them back in to dry out. Now they will be late. Oh well! We need to get back up there and see you guys.