Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Whirlwind

That is what my life is right now. A whirlwind. Every second there is something to do; scouts, piano lessons, church duties, soccer, gymnastics, pre-school, biography reports . . . . the list could fill volumes.

We have lost three library books in the past month. Before this, I don't think I've lost a library book since I was seven years old.

The kids get so antsy in the spring. I think their behavior right now is the perfect argument for year-round school, with more regular breaks. It's like they just can't handle even one more thing. And neither can I.

I think I say "We're out of time" forty times a day. I also use some version of the excuse "I've been swamped" multiple times an hour. Because I have, that is why.

But I'd rather be busy than bored.

Still . . .
Summer, please come. I need you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am with you, i feel the exact same way! summer can't come fast enough.
p.s.
a word of helpful advice. we lost three, (yes, three) library books in a matter of one year while chloe and logan went to school there in LO. And guess how they were found? me. i went to the school with the younger two kids in tow, (as it worked out, it happened like that all three dang times) and I, (can i please emphasize the I?) I found them myself. Yup. All three times. The librarian sat on her bum and said, nope, they aren't here, (all three times) and then i went to where each of them should have been filed, and they were all there.
(i'm still a little bitter, if you can't tell. the fact that they were going to make me pay, and also punishing the kids by not letting them check any more out until they brought said book back when it was there all along still irks me)
phew. vent done.
so maybe try that?
good luck! :)

Parkside View said...

Oh I feel the same way. And don't even think about asking for a friend to come over to play, because that's the last thing I have time to arrange!

Amy D said...

I hear you! It's like you almost dread soccer season coming because it's one (or two or four!) more thing to add to an already-busy day. We really have tried hard to simplify, but when you have one sport and one music lesson for each child and you have four kids, it's still just crazy! That's all there is to it. Hang in there. Summer is coming!