Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pleas

Please help me convince my husband that we need to ditch his 700 lb. gargantuan desk when we move next year. Our friends call it The Mothership. It is ugly as sin, and I can't see any logical reason why we should sacrifice 400 square feet of our home so the laptop can have a permanent place to rest. It's a laptop Pumpkinlips, put it on your lap.

My baby girl just turned six. The last week of school she and her friend were making "play date" plans to "hang out" at the mall together. She also didn't really want to be seen with me when I visited her class to help with the end-of-year party. Heaven help us. Please.

Please help me to be motivated to take my kids out for enriching summer activities. This lazy schedule makes me long to sit at home and consume books instead.

I strongly suspect somebody in this house used my toothbrush to groom a Zhu Zhu pet. A message to that somebody: In the future, please refrain from providing salon services to your hamster with my Oral-B.

That will be all.

9 comments:

vcsings said...

At least your toothbrush is getting used. I think my youngest has not worn out a toothbrush yet, and she is almost 10.(I think she has an old grandma-type for a mom).
Love you!

Parkside View said...

I love your wit! Thanks for making me smile today :)

Emily said...

I will help you convince Michael to get rid of his desk if you convince Brant to get rid of his collection of Hawaiian shirts! Ugh!

Jen said...

you are funny.

MegaPPod said...

There comes a time when every mother ship should be set free to seek its own destiny. There also comes a time when a wife should be allowed to toss such furniture items without too much fuss. Maybe it could accidentally get set on fire while it sits in waiting to be loaded on the moving truck. A bonfire. Blaze of glory. Maybe that idea will help him move on.

Amy D said...

I'm so glad to hear you say you'd rather just be lazy and read books all summer long. I'm feeling so not motivated to get out and do fun stuff anymore. Are we just getting old?

Melanie said...

Are you guys still planning to move back to Utah?
Also, love the new look of your blog.

Mandy said...

Melanie, we will be moving back to the motherland next summer!

amydear said...

Augh! We just acquired our first Zhu Zhus this week. Who knew they were so loud. I though hamsters were nocturnal. Just sell the desk without M knowing. Then pretend you lost it.