I felt guilty a few weeks ago when Seth seemed a little sluggish at his soccer game, because that morning I had made him scrub the kitchen floor.
"Nope," his coach said, when I asked him about it after the game, "He wasn't tired. He was off because someone else on the team said he was too slow in the pre-game practice. It bothered him the whole game." We agreed this was funny, as nobody has ever accused Seth of being slow at anything he has ever tried in his life. In fact, I probably tell that child to "slow down" forty times a day.
So he still cleans the kitchen floor.
Alice is my go to errand girl, and can be frequently found putting away various items I find around the house and then hand to her. You'd think she'd figure this out and quit following me around.
Today I had Thomas pick up in his room, fill the toilet paper baskets in all the bathrooms, unload the dryer, and all the silverware from the dishwasher. He kept asking "What is next?" But I couldn't think of anything else for him to do. I need ideas! Help me capitalize on his willingness to help out before he realizes that it isn't as fun as he thinks it is! Do you suppose he's too little cook dinner?
And since it is Thanksgiving this week, a list of thankfuls (in no particular order):
Brianna is coming for the week!
Black Friday shopping.
Healthy family and friends.
Michael's job has GREAT health benefits.
I got all my grocery shopping done before the BIG PORTLAND SNOWSTORM (aka the 1/2 inch skiff that school will probably be cancelled for tomorrow . . . shame, I wanted to take Brianna to lunch.)
I have a warm house.
I'm sure I can think of a thousand more . . . but I believe I hear Michael coming back from the airport with my sister now! Happy Thanksgiving! Make your kids help you clean up after dinner!
1 comment:
I love the "wipe all the doorknobs in the house with a disinfectant wipe" job. Connor loves it too!
Post a Comment