
I'd like to thank the crummy economy for allowing me to score two of these full crib bedding sets from Pottery Barn Kids for 39.99 each. They are still on clearance for 79.99 online, apparently this was an in-store deal only.
I'd also like to thank Babies/Toys 'R Us 20% off coupons and rewards cash (I knew all that Christmas shopping would pay off! Well, and the two infant seat purchases . . . . stroller . . . Okay, Babies 'R Us owes us) for allowing me to score a new crib for $100. Hopefully I can find an equally appealing buy for crib #2. (Michael is convinced the baby industry is running a racket by recalling our old crib, putting expiration dates on our car seats and generally making an effort to squeeze every penny out of us that they can.)
Now if only I could employ my mad bargain shopping skills to score a house to put it all in . . . and to reduce the upcoming hospital bills . . . And does anyone know of a 20% off coupon for medical licensure?
All this shopping sprang from the promise my doctor made to induce at 37 weeks if the twincesses haven't made an appearance by then. Do you realize what that means? At the most I have 12 weeks left. Heaven help me . . . that is not enough time. As uncomfortable and unwieldy as I am right now, I am not ready for this. I frequently lay sleepless in bed mentally making checklists of all the things I still have to do . . . preschool registration, mortgage or rental applications, auto registration (of course ours is due next month), pediatricians, schools, moving trucks, dollar signs, diapers, ultrasounds and obstetricians swimming in my head.
Michael and I spend ages every evening debating baby names, the merits of home renting, building or buying and trying not to think about how much it will all cost.
I'm sure 2011 will be a big amazing doozy. And I'm hoping a year from now we can look back, heave a big sigh of relief and pat ourselves on the back for making it.
Pray for us.
(Warning: this may not be the last post where I seem disoriented, overwhelmed or generally swamped. You are invited to take my blog off your feed reader for the next 6 months if you don't think you can deal with it.)
10 comments:
Are you kidding? I love your blog. Keep posting, Keeper of the Cheerios! And Ellen and Helen would be good names. :)
You can do it! And you can complain or worry all you want; it's your blog. We're all rooting for you. 12 weeks left sounds like nothing. Wow.
WOW what an awesome shopper you are. Rick has the same feeling about the expiration dates on the car seat. We just did the recall fix to our crib, I refuse to buy a new crib for the last baby. 12 weeks that went fast, I am sure not for you, can't wait till you are closer and I can come see you.
I think you'll heave a sigh of relief in a year when you go to file your taxes for 2011. Claiming two extra dependents should come in handy.
You've had quite a lot on your mind lately, and I'm impressed with how you've managed to keep plugging along. You probablly feel like your in "survival mode" but if you can score great deals on crib bedding and other such items amidst the brain-fog that is pregnancy, then you can do anything!
We are pulling for you and the family. And I love your blog.
12 weeks?!?! Mandy!!! That is nothing! I want to see a picture of your twin-holding tummy. I'm sure you look adorable. And $39.99 for that Pottery Barn stuff is amazing. Think they'll have any more deals like that around when we find out our gender?
Your life is a testament to being able to do as much as we have to. Good luck with everything, and I think of you often actually as my own belly grows bigger, that I am grateful for my own challenges. I often think those of others would do me in! You are amazing!
Hey, I was at the DI yesterday and they have brand new, hand made baby cribs that are $99, they are natural wood, with some kind of kid friendly finish, I am sure it doesn't match the one you already bought, but I stopped and looked cause I didn't know they made cribs, and it is nice. Just a thought :) so along that thought I was thinking the babies would be so small they could share a crib until you got to Utah and just buy it here instead of packing it??
YOUCANDOITYOUCANDOITYOUCANDOIT!!!
Your resolve for 2011 is the same as mine was in 2008, when my twins were born: Survive, lady. That's all we can ask.
I'm glad your dad is recovering ok.
I love the bedding. And here is some totally unsolicited advice (forgive me, please!): Get the Maclaren Twin Triumph stroller. Trust me on this one. I looked at a whole lot of strollers and talked to a bunch of twin mommies. And get a used Double Snap-n-Go off an MoM group or Craigs' List. (Trust me on that one, too.) You will be sooo glad you have the snap-n-go for the first six months. And also get an "E-Z-2-Nurse Twins pillow" (yep, you read that title right. Can't beat it!). That pillow will save your LIFE and is worth every penny of $60. Better yet, find it on Craigs' List or through a MoM group.
12 weeks...you can do it...deep breathing for you. Call me or email me if you need to scream.
You make me laugh. I totally know how you feel. It is overwhelming all the things to do to prepare for twins. I have 2 of those cribs you showed and of course they are worth nothing now if we were to try to sell them. Good thing they convert to toddler beds to last us a few more years. You can do this! It will be so fun and worth it. :)
Post a Comment