Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Derby

The "Batmobile" in the staging area.

After a successful heat.

Seth and his pit crew.
My boys cleaned house at the Pinewood Derby this year. Seth's car won "Racer's Choice" (All scouts and race attendees voted for their favorite car and the Batmobile won!) and also "Fastest Car in the Bear Den."
Michael and Seth worked EXTREMELY hard on the car this year . . . they spent a lot of time in Home Depot and at the hospital dental lab using the commercial grade lathe to make it perfect. I'm always happy about a successful scout project that requires no effort from me!
Great job guys!

5 comments:

amydear said...

Awesome car. I am kind of dreading Hayden starting scouts. I only have one boy, though, so I guess I should enjoy it. Seth looks a lot like you these days!

Jen said...

That is cool. I am dreading my boys in Scouts because their dad isn't so much into building anything. But,he does like to camp, so that will come in handy one day, right? I love the Batmobile. It is super awesome looking.

Parkside View said...

The Batmobile is radical! I will have to show this post to Brevin. He just had his pinewood derby at the end of January, and he and Jason have already been perusing websites looking for ideas for the next one.

Kristi said...

i hope i can also opt out of the pinewood derby. hopefully jer can take it on without me. i'm already dreading it.
his car look amazing!

Amy D said...

Sweet derby! Way to go, Michael and Seth!