Saturday, March 26, 2011

So Very, Very Blessed

Thomas visiting Evelyn Kate in the hospital.
All five meeting for the first time. Evelyn left, Amelia right.
Thomas and the mini-bus on the way home.
Amelia Jane, older by five minutes.
Proof Daddy needs to buy a shotgun. (Evelyn left, Amelia right)
Another of Amelia . . . Evelyn always gets all squirmy when I try to take her picture. I promise they both are the very definition of perfection.
We are home! No trips to the NICU necessary in spite of their early (at not quite 36 weeks) arrival. Everyone is healthy and we are being treated like kings by our friends, ward members and neighbors. Evelyn isn't the best eater, which is typical for a preemie, but we're working it out. We still have no idea if the girls are identical or fraternal. The zygosity blood tests results come back in two weeks. Everyone agrees that they look identical, Amelia just has a little more meat on her . . . but then again, they both look identical to Alice's baby pictures too!

I'll spare you the gory details and just say Michael was an incredible support team through the longest labor ever. I didn't require a c-section (though Ev's breech extraction wasn't exactly enjoyable), so we have much to be thankful for.

12 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, those pictures warm my heart and bring a flood of memories pouring into my mind. What beautiful little babies. You are right--Michael had better start searching for a good shotgun. :) I hope you are able to rest, tend, and most of all, thoroughly enjoy those precious babies. Before you can blink three times, they'll be heading to preschool. Many congratulations to all of you.

Swordfish said...

Wow I am amazed. You are awesome, they are beautiful and I am glad you have wonderful people around you to offer their support. I can't wait to see you guys this summer and hold those girls. The labor sounds crappy but it all turned out well and you have stories to tell them when they are old enough to hear. Hope you get sleep and recovery time before you have to start running around all crazy like.

ellen said...

You are going to need more Cheerios!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! What precious little girls with such beautiful names. I am glad no c-section was necessary and that your stay at the hospital was rather short. I hope you recover quickly and that your little ones continue to be well and healthy. :)

Parkside View said...

I gathered from the first pictures that they were identical, and I could definitely see Alice in their sweet faces. That is just so phenominal that you are now a mother of five precious children. Way to go Supermom!

Mauri said...

Congratulations to the beautiful family! So happy they are here safe and sound and that you have many people caring for you during this wonderfully crazy time! Enjoy those precious little angels!

jennis said...

Congratulations!! So glad to hear you're all home and doing well! Hopefully Alice isn't too disappointed that you didn't use any of her name suggestions :) I do really like their names (Evelyn has been on my list of favorites for a while)! I hope you are getting some rest!

Amy D said...

Mandy, you're amazing! Way to go! Going from three to five in just a matter of hours is an incredible feat. They are so darling, and my uneducated guess is that they are identical twins. We'll keep you in our prayers as you make this fun adjustment. It gets me so excited to have our own little gal here in a few months. Love you!

Rachel said...

They are so beautiful! I can't wait to meet them. Please don't hesitate to let us know what your needs are! Hoping Evelyn starts to chow down here today! You are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

oh how beautiful they both are!! congratulations!! how exciting! i'm glad you are getting some wonderful much needed help from everyone there! can't wait to see more pictures :)

Mandy said...

Congrats Mandy and Mike! what a surprise to check your blog and see your beautiful twin girls! I would love to meet them when you are back in UT. Mike, Mandy deserves anything she wants after delivery twins and one that was breech! ANYTHING! Good luck and get some shut eye when you can!

Val Moir said...

Five children, Mandy, wow, I need to hurry and catch up. The twins are beautiful and amd glad they are so healthy.