Then this grandma came:
And we took these two to the doctor's office many many times because they are not getting fat enough (especially Amelia Jane). Thank you thank you thank you Janet . . . come back any time. Really. Like today?

(Amelia left, Evelyn right)
And then this grandma came:
She mended Thomas' blanky for me because I famously cannot sew a stitch. And we took them to the doctor and lactation specialists lots more times . . . still not fat enough. My insurance bought me a fancy-schmancy pump and we rented a baby scale and check their weight twice a day. I think we finally are getting it figured out, but feeding these two is proving to be a LOT of work. Thank you thank you thank you mom . . . please please please don't leave me!
Look how sweetly they sleep all bundled together. I still think we'll keep them, even though they still refuse to regain their birthweight after 2 1/2 weeks. Sigh.

(Evelyn left, Amelia right)
And I am all alone. With five kids . . . two of whom are babies that aren't fat enough.
Panic.
7 comments:
OMG you do look like your mom....in a very beautiful and grown-up way and Alice looks like you would in the 70's kind of tree-hugger type of way, natural hair and not a care in the world. I love how your kids are very distinguishable (sp) between parents, unlike mine who all look like Scottie *sigh* Take it a day at a time and hang in there, you were made for this and you CAN do it.
I would love to drop dinner off for you guys some night, just e-mail me and tell me when would be good...we will just drop it off on your door step-I know how it is with one newborn, can't imagine how it is with two!!! My e-mail is dentistandrea@gmail.com
Also-I know an amazing lactation consultant at St. Vincent's. She helped me tremendously with both Lucy and Charlie and has helped a lot of my mom friends too. If you would like her info, just let me know in the e-mail and I will pass it on to you. Praying for you guys!!
don't panic -- buy formula!
Oh Mandy! Hang in there! I feel for you on the nursing thing, but I never did it with twins. I'm sure you guys will figure things out. You'll be a champ with five kidlets on your own. If anybody can do it, you can!!!
I can't even begin to imagine how crazy things must be. It is also crazy how much you look like your mom. wow! Good luck fattening up those babies!
Try not to stress too much. All 3 of my kids didn't get back to their birth weight until they were over 1 month old. And of course the doctor had me in tears telling me they needed to be back at their birth weight at 2 weeks (and my kids were huge -9 pounders!). I wish I lived closer to help. I only know the feeling of nursing one and then pumping. But I can't imagine feeding 2 and pumping! Hang in there!! THings WILL get better! They have to right?
Such great pictures and darling babies. I cant help but if you need to cry or a listening ear you know where I am! I am anxious to see the girl in real life. The black and white picture looks a little like Everly to me.
Post a Comment