Thursday, April 14, 2011

Twin Tidbits and Tiny Teeth

I made it out the door with five kids before 9:00 this morning BY MYSELF! I almost strained my arm patting myself on the back . . . or maybe it was carrying two infant carseats . . .

Did I ever tell you what Seth said to me the first time he saw me and the twins in the hospital? He looked at me a little funny and said, "Sooooo, are you still pregnant or what?" I laughed, but then a few days later he said, "Soooo, mom. I have a suggestion. I think it would be a good idea if you started exercising again," it wasn't funny anymore.

Michael gets more junk mail than anyone I've ever met. The catalogs of surgical instruments, requests for donations from alumni, professional journals and continuing education advertisements fill our mailbox up to the brim daily. I can't wait to direct all that stuff to his office!

People keep asking, so I'll tell you all . . . Michael and I haven't mixed up the twins. I think each of them has a very distinct look about them. Evelyn's facial features are smaller (except her nose) than Amelia's, and Amelia has more hair. I painted Amelia's toenails to appease Alice, but so far I've only become confused about who is who when I'm very very very very tired. The good news is, most of the time I'm only very very tired instead of very very very very tired, so the confusion is minimal.

Alice lost another tooth. That child is not going to be able to chew her food if some permanent teeth don't grow in soon. She is currently missing five (including a molar we had pulled and replaced with a spacer to make room for her other teeth), with another two on their way out. The tooth fairy couldn't find her tooth under her pillow last night (her baby teeth are the itsy bitsiest things you ever saw) and so now we are vacuuming with great care so Alice can recover it and get her dollar. I'm sure if she just left a note to the fairy explaining the whole situation, she'd understand and leave the dollar anyway.

8 comments:

amydear said...

I cannot wait to see them tomorrow! I am glad you are not getting them mixed up. I agree that baby teeth are way too small, and I know that the tooth fairy is very accepting of notes. They've worked many a time in this house.

Jared and Dani said...

before 9 by yourself... that truly is amazing!

Amber said...

i don't know how you do it Mandy... you have your hands full!
they are so beautiful!!
Amber

Amy D said...

I'm just impressed that you're even attempting to blog on the day when you were out the door at 9:00 a.m.! Nice job! And just ignore Seth's suggestion. :)

Holly said...

Mandy, I can't imagine how you do that. You are amazing! And just so you know, it took my pregnancy belly awhile to go down after my fourth and that was when I was just pregnant with one! Your family is so darn cute, wish I was there to pay you back and help out a bit!

Jen said...

You are super woman. I can't get out the door by 9 am even with 4 kids who can mostly dress themselves...and, I think I never once did when my twins were newborns. You are amazing, and they are beautiful, but I can't tell them apart!

Denise said...

Mandy, I think they do look a bit different in size. Maybe they won't be that way forever, but if it helps now, that's great. I think infant toenail polish is a great idea, just in case.

jennis said...

I totally hear you on the junk mail thing. And I'm totally impressed that you're going anywhere with all 5 kids anytime in the morning, let alone 9am! :)