Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Moved!

Still settling in . . .

The move actually went quite well, though Comcast accidentally issued our new home phone number to someone else, so now I have to re-notify everyone. Sigh.

The basement in the office of Michael's new shared practice flooded Sunday night due to a broken sprinkler pipe. A lot of extra work we didn't plan on, but it's almost cleaned up.

I LOVE our new house. There is just a little issue with vinyl lettering that we can't get off the walls. The yard is amazing. I tried weeding this morning, but I'm not sure if I'm pulling something I shouldn't. Help!

A little girl came over and knocked on our door yesterday and very shyly said "I heard there is a girl here who is seven years old?" They played all afternoon and are already fast friends.

It may seem hard to believe, but this is the most overwhelmed I've felt in the past six months. I'm including the insane month after my father's heart attack, the chaos when the twins were born, and all the effort put into boxing up our house in Oregon. There is entirely too much to do and not enough hours in the day to do it all.

Still haven't managed to find the time to go buy a washer/dryer set. Our laundry room is beginning to smell like a swamp and I've been wearing the same bra for three days (don't tell anybody).

We live next door to the two most immaculate lawns in the entire city. I don't know how we'll keep up! Maybe it would help if we bought a lawnmower?

One of my favorite happy surprises upon moving in was a giant thriving strawberry patch in the backyard. Thomas has eaten his fill daily.

7 comments:

amydear said...

How about hiring a landscaping service?!? I'm thinking of you and Oregon is missing you already. Just breathe!

ellen said...

For starters hire a 12 year old neighbor boy to take care of your yard. And maybe a mother's helper while you get things organized in your new home. You're married to a rich doctor now. :)

Please post the vinyl lettering. Or send me a photo. I love bad grammar!

And don't forget--you're living your dream!

Kristen said...

welcome welcome! Im happy that your move was mostly seemless :) Youll get settled in in no time!

Tamy said...

I am so happy you got moved in okay. I totally agree with the 12 year old neighbor to mow your lawn. It is the best money we ever spent. I can't wait to see you and I also want to see the bad grammer on your wall.

Melanie said...

But you're in Utah in your very own house and you're done with school! Who cares about piles of laundry! Live it up!

Jen said...

Oh, come back, Mandy! We miss you already! And give Thomas a big hug from Max! Post pics of the new place soon!

Amy D said...

I'm super impressed that you're even thinking of weeding having just moved in. That would be LAST on my list of priorities. I don't have your new contact info yet. Did you send it to me and I missed it?