Michael didn't think it was anything worth worrying about.
Until Monday.
"The noise is louder," he reported after work. "I think it's the transmission."
I almost died. We had just replaced the transmission two years ago. I spent the next two days trying to figure out if we should dump another couple grand into the Explorer or just put her out to pasture. We got her into the transmission shop this morning.
The call this afternoon with the diagnosis left me pleasantly boggled.
After our last tire rotation a month ago, the tire shop had forgotten to tighten our lug nuts and the wheel was about to fall clean off.
2 comments:
Glad you are all safe! We miss you!!!
Oh. I thought you were going to say, "...some young child dropped a handfull of lug nuts into the car engine." That could possibly happen at my home.
So glad you didn't learn about your tire problem on the road. Yikes!
Post a Comment