There are a thousand things every day that I try so hard not to forget, and then when Michael comes home after work I wrack my brain trying to recollect all the mental notes that I wanted to tell him.
I never imagined life could be as busy as it is right now. That I could sit down at 9:00 at night and realize it is the first time I've been off my feet all day.
I want to have time to enjoy my last babies. I want to always remember that their hands smell like Nilla Wafers. I want to keep a mental picture of their too-long bangs hanging in their eyes, their chubby little legs toddling drunkenly around the house.
Years from now please remind me that Evelyn always had bruises up and down her arms because Amelia is a serial biter. Don't let me forget how sweet it is every morning when they stand together at the back window waving and yelling "bye bye" as Seth and Alice leave for school.
I love that Evelyn calls Amelia "buh-buh" (baby) and Amelia calls Alice "ya-ya." One of my favorite sounds in the world is the happy babbling of them talking in their cribs at bedtime.
Hopefully a few years from now I'll be able to remember well enough to appreciate having clean floors, being able to leave doors open if I like, and eating an entire meal without interruption. I'll laugh about how many hours Michael and I spent walking them around the halls at church, and how sacrament meeting was best described as a "wrestling match." it won't matter that we have lost a shoe, sock or barrette at every possible location across the Wasatch Front.
I won't say that in the future I'll ever long for these days, because they are HARD. But I'm pretty sure I will think on them fondly.
1 comment:
LOVE!
Post a Comment