Friday, July 27, 2012

Slice of Life

I'm recording a few recent text conversations for your enjoyment:

Me:  Our friends are meeting us up by your parent's house to watch the city fireworks at 8:00 pm.  I'm making snacks and bought glow-sticks for the kiddos.
Michael: We should buy some small fireworks.  Do you want me to stop by the store on the way home?
Me: Eh.  I bought glow-necklaces .... does that count?
Michael: Do they sparkle and cause frequent ocular trauma?  If not, we need more.
Me: Eh.  Though our kids could probably figure out a way to cause ocular trauma with anything.



Me to Michael: Soooooo, is it an over-reaction to disown a child who cleans his room by putting all the clean, folded laundry in the dirty clothes hamper in the bathroom, and all the dirty laundry from the floor back into his dresser?


Me to a friend one Sunday, 45 minutes before church starts: You wouldn't happen to have an extra tube of mascara I could have?  I'll gladly replace it tomorrow,,,, The twins have stashed my mascara somewhere, and I don't know if my testimony is strong enough that I can show my face at church without it.


Me to the same friend while planning snacks for an evening out: I made carmel popcorn, though I should warn that my carmel popcorn is best served with a shot of insulin and a side of gastric bypass surgery.

To my sister-in-law (referencing my plans for Alice's baptism party): Is it weird that I bought a set of 101 cookie cutters just so that I can have the number 8?

To Michael:  Time to put the crib mattresses down another notch.  Millie just climbed up the curtains and out of bed.

To Michael: Thomas' quote of the week: (while showing our extended family picture to two of his friends) ..... and that's my uncle, his name is Tyler; and my cousins, Abby and Emma; and that's my grandma, her name is ........ just grandma.

From Michael (sent from Rio Tinto Stadium, where he had taken Seth and several friends from his soccer team to watch a professional Salt Lake Real game):  We made it.  Lots of discussions about boogers, snot, etc.  on the way down here.  Can't wait for the drive home.

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

These are all texts?

Remember when they mostly involved. "C U L8TR"

Mandy said...

Siri is a game changer for sure!

bontovi said...

Hilarious!!! Enjoyed every bit of slice!