Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thank Goodness

Thank goodness the inversion is over (for now).  I'm tired of feeling like I'm sucking on somebody's tailpipe every time I step outside.

Thank goodness we can start planning for spring break!

Thank goodness Evelyn is speaking well enough that she doesn't have to screech and point anymore to get what she wants.  Favorite sentences include, "This my Effy!" (This my Evy.... while pointing to herself.) "Where (fill in the blank with name of person she's looking for, usually Minnie, Daddy or Al-sis) go?"  "No, mine." "I watch a Barmey (Barney) show?"

Thank goodness she translates for Amelia (Ev calls her Minnie), whose sentences sound like pygmy German with an English word at the end.  "Gervent debm ruffer shoes"  Means she wants her shoes either off or on.  Sentences also frequently end with "nana" (banana), "Owen" (Evelyn), "Al-sis" (Alice).

Thank goodness the ping pong table we got from Michael's parents for Christmas is being put to good use.  Seth and his friend Isaac took second place in the middle school ping pong intramurals tournament.  Next year they plan to take it all!

Thank goodness we finally built and installed steel shelves in our storage and utility rooms.  We've only been storing things in piles on the floor for a year and a half.  Now I can get serious about food storage:)

Thank goodness Michael got me a gym membership for my birthday in December.  I'm almost starting to feel like a real person again.  My hip has still been bothering me ever since I had the twins, though.  I keep hoping that if I ignore it a little longer it will just go away.  The orthopedic surgeon couldn't see anything on the imaging they did, so it must be my imagination, right?  I refuse to try steroids again.  Those were the worst.  And surgery and physical therapy don't sound fun either.  So I'll just keep pretending it is better, except I won't run, play soccer, or do zumba.  I'm an elliptical girl now.

Thank goodness I only have to work on this school district business for a few more months (depending on when our issue makes it on the ballot).  I've never been much for politics, and contention kills me inside.  If you're a friend on Facebook, I apologize for talking so much about it.  If you're not a friend on Facebook.... you don't want to know about it.   Thank goodness Michael still likes me after all this.

1 comment:

Tamy said...

I agree with everything you said!!! Bring on warm weather, smaller (less painful) hips (in my case shoulders), and healthier families. Good luck with the School board, I hope it works out for you.