As we were walking into the doctor's exam room, we pass a five or six year old kid having his blood pressure taken with a compression arm cuff. Seth says to him in passing, "I'd watch out if I were you. Those things have been known to explode."
I'm sure all families have their own special vernacular for referring to the passing of gas. For some reason, our family refers to it as "stepping on a duck." Alice's Halloween costume is a duck, and when she was wearing it to visit my grandma in her retirement home she said to me, "Mom, I stepped on myself!"
I was asking Thomas about some of the Halloween activities they did in class today, and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "Shi shi ma." like it was a natural part of the conversation. (I think shi shi ma means "I don't know") His class is only allowed to speak Chinese now at school, and it has been amazing at how quickly he is picking up the language and incorporating it into his every day life.
Evelyn always says "tay" or "o-tay" instead of "kay" or "okay." The other day Amelia was trying to get her to say "oKay." Evelyn kept saying, "That is what I said! I said OTAY!" Obviously Evelyn can't quite tell the difference yet between the T and K sounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment