The kids got out the bikes, trikes and scooters.
Trouble had an exciting afternoon. I stepped out of the house for a few seconds to collect Alice for dinner, and he climbed out of his booster seat, shut the front door and engaged the deadbolt. He proceeded to scream and bang on the door for the next 20 minutes until Super Neighbor scaled the wall Spiderman-style, pried the screen off the kitchen window and climbed in.
Speaking of super heroes, I have a rant. Seth brought home an innocuous looking super hero book from the school library the other day. I flipped through the pages and was instantly put off by the artist's rendering of the super heroines. I didn't look much further, but at first sight, I'd guess that the main super power possessed by these ladies would be the ability to walk while keeping two abnormally large melons tucked neatly into the front of their low-cut leotards.
This created the opportunity for us to discuss modesty and respect. He decided that the book could hang out on the top of the fridge until it was time to return it.
This created the opportunity for us to discuss modesty and respect. He decided that the book could hang out on the top of the fridge until it was time to return it.
While I'm on my soapbox, I'd like to know, whatever happened to Ballerina Barbie? Or Doctor Barbie? Or Babysitting Barbie? I ask, because it seems that the only Barbies currently available for purchase at Target are Trashy Barbie, Red Light Barbie, Fredrick's of Hollywood Barbie, and her boyfriend, Gang Member Ken. What's next? Teen-Pregnancy Skipper?
12 comments:
Wow that is quite the rant. Because of the barbie issue we are still going for princess and cabbage patch kids. I totally agree with the comic books we had that same issue with Bowen. I am soooo glad to hear that T is just like Mason, they could do a lot of damage if they ever got togther. Have Fun
We are totally with you on the Barbie and the comic heroine issues! I'm a little nervous for a few years down the road for our kids! Scary stuff out there! Braden's tried to lock me out of the house several times lately; good thing 2 neighbors have a spare to our house!
Oh, one question: if your kids go to bed at 6:30, what time do they get up? If Braden is asleep by 8, he's up around 6 in the morning!
The idea is to put them to bed, but not to sleep. Get 'em all ready, and put them in bed, but give them books. That usually buys me at least an hour. They think they are being sneaky because they aren't asleep, and I have some peace and quiet.
Mind you, Seth is not normal in this regard. The kid would read from sun up to sun down if he had his druthers.
Olivia comes home with lame books every week from that same library......maybe we need to stage a sit in! I'm glad you got T out of the predicament. How scary!
WOW I am glad T has a super hero Mommy:) I am scared all the time the kids are going to lock me out of the house or car.... Luckly the girls arent to naughty..Ha Ha Ha.
Aah! I can't believe he locked you out?! That's hilarious - only because it didn't happen to me.
Sounds like a fun day Mandy! I love that you said you have a breathing habit, you are so witty it kills me. and I really LOVE the picture of the boys on the buckets, I may have to copy that someday, that is really sweet.
I'm just glad to know that there are parents like you, which gives me some hope for sending my own kids off to public school.
We don't have to worry about Barbie toys yet and I'm so thankful.
By the way, thanks for reminding me to add you back to our blog. In my haste to delete your last name I completely deleted your link. Still friends?
Of course!
A ha! A woman who also hates promiscuous dolls for small girls. I've boycotted the ENTIRE Bratz line. Who buys those things? And we love the reading in bed thing. It saves me on nights Kyle's gone.
Post a Comment