Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cuisine

Have you ever noticed how uninspired some of the names for Japanese restaurants are? There is seriously a Japanese restaurant that we've eaten at called . . . . Japanese Restaurant.
Other poorly named establishments we have noticed include:
Teriyaki
Sushi World

Best Sushi

Mr. Sushi

Sushi Land

Sushi

Sushi Palace

Sushi & Teriyaki

Sushi Time

I Love Sushi
Sushi & More


So creative. Don't get me wrong, though. I love Japanese food and will continue to eat it. Some things are just fun to mock while I am enjoying them.
Speaking of sushi, check these out:


I found them on notmartha.org.They are made of Hostess Twinkies, Donettes, Sweedish Fish, and green Fruit Roll Ups. Pretty cool, huh?

Every time we go out to eat I entertain the idea of opening our own establishment named Mike and Mandy's (Hey, it is better than Mr. Sushi).
The cool thing about this restaurant would be the two menus. The menu called Mike's would offer items like ribs, bacon, fried cheese, sirloin steak, burgers, fries, mashed potatoes and gravy, fried chicken, prime rib, sausage, oysters, and steamed artichokes with butter sauce. This menu wouldn't offer dessert, because Mike would rather eat more fried cheese.
Mandy's menu would serve green salad, fruit, soup, bagels, pita sandwiches, baked potatoes, salmon, pasta, pita chips with hummus, grilled chicken, brown rice, whole wheat breads and for dessert; chocolate cake, chocolate cheesecake, and chocolate ice cream.

Of course, I'd never really open a restaurant. It is much to much work, and I already hear enough people complain about my cooking.

And in conclusion of my slightly Asian-themed post, I must tell you about the little old Asian man I see twice a week when I drive the pre-school carpool. He is the cutest thing. He jog/shuffles along the sidewalk waving to every person and car that goes past. Sweet Little Asian Man (as I call him in my head) is always dressed for his jog in a black turtleneck, dress slacks and Aquasocks. And for that, I love him.

8 comments:

Tamy said...

I love the sweddish fish sushi, looks yummy and I would have to say I would order off of Michaels menu, sorry Mandy. I love more cheese too.

Crawdad said...

Maybe when you get finished with med school you can go to the more upscale type of Japanese restaurants, ie Benihana, Kyoto, Takashi, Happy Sumo, Mikado, etc. But basically all you are paying for their is a more expensive "Japanese Beer list" and atmosphere.

By the way, the twinkies and swedish fish are an outrage to the sushi purist, but it looks like someone had fun.

Swordfish said...

Man, i feel left out, the sushi pic did not show for me, wonder why. I would love to order off both menus. While I do live a good burger, pasta (whole wheet) and many of Mandy's items sound better to me, i'll pass on the chocolate though. We do enjoy good Japaneese food on occasion though, there really isn't anything good in Logan though. My kids like it also.

Jen said...

We love a very authentic Mexican restaurant in the divey industrial part of San Fransisco callled "Mom is Cooking" I think sometimes they try to americanize their names and they come out wrong, but funny.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

Amen to the enough complaining about mom's cooking - i'm actually in here looking at blogs as an escape from forcing dinner down my unwilling kids' throats.

Amy D said...

You totally made me laugh describing Mr. Asian Man in his black turtleneck and Aqua Socks. I can totally picture him! Your restaurant sounds perfect for couples--some unhealthy for the men and healthy for the women. We would definitely come! I saw those sweet sushi things in the Family Fun magazine this month too. Clint loves sushi. I, uh, don't.

vcsings said...

My kind of Sushi!Love MOM

Raina said...

I just want to eat those yummy fake sushi treats. I'm going to be checking out notmartha.com. Also, I'm with you on enough people complaining about the food I make them. Trenton never eats ANYTHING i make. I'm finally not offended anymore, although I wish he would try it from time to time.