Monday, May 12, 2008

Oh Sure, They LOOK Innocent . . .

Heard at least 53 times a day at the Cheerio house: "Where is T? Has anyone seen T?"
Don't look too closely at this picture. I know it is fuzzy. I'm sorry. Now that Michael has his new MacBook Pro he has moved on to campaigning for a new Nikon D60. If you comment on the sad state of this photograph, it will only serve to add fuel to his fire.

Me: Why is the floor wet? Do you know why the floor is wet?
Al: Um, I think it was T.
Me: How did T get water?
Al: Well, I think you gave it to him.
Me: I would only give T a drink from a sippy cup. Sippy cups don't spill water.
Al: Oh, I know! It was dad! Dad gave T a drink from this cup on the floor over here!
Me: Dad is at work.
Al: He gave it to him this morning!
Me: No.
Al: Seth?
Me: Seth is at school.
Al: Well then, I guess it is just a mystery. Can I have a Go-gurt?
The good news is that it was only water.


P.S. You have to click on my new link in the upper right hand corner "Changing My Perspective on Shopping" and watch the Story of Stuff. Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

Swordfish said...

That was funny. Interesting though, we spend a lot of our time in the day asking Where is Mason, has anyone seen Mason? I am glad to hear this goes on in other households also.

EmilynDev said...

But look at those darling faces...I cant believe either of them would cause any problems

Amy D said...

Where did my comment go? Oh well, here goes again...I'm not sure you'd want to hear our comments on your new link. Clint said to write that all we can say is that there's a reason we didn't vote for Al Gore. Cute pictures and stories of Thomas and Alice! We've had a few "water" incidents around here too, only in our case, it really wasn't water!

Mandy said...

Here is the thing about "The Story of Stuff." I am sure there has to be another side, another perspective that is missing from the story. But, at the same time, I know in my heart of hearts that we use too much stuff. I really don't need to waste my money on junk, and I am not really happier with myself for having purchased it.

Anyone else?

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Oh, and tell Clint that if he visits Portland and confesses to not have voted for Gore he will be hung from the nearest freshly hugged tree with a sustainably produced frair-trade rope. That or ran over by a Toyota Prius. Its a toss up.

Amy D said...

OK, that's really funny. I left the rest of my comment on my blog in response to yours. Clint had pretty strong feelings about it :)

Swordfish said...

I would agree in general that I have and buy to much "stuff" but I also have strong opinions about Al Gore. Also keep in mind I lived in Washington during the Spotted Owl stuff and I am kind of bitter about all that stuff. Back off on all the stuff, but Al Gore needs to back off also.

Tamy said...

I agree we do have TOO much stuff and I also agree we need to find ways to reuse and recycle and to cut back....I try but there is still a lot that I can do but change sometimes is hard. But worth the results.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

I am often really grateful I don't have a bigger house - I would be asking if anyone had seen Meri even more, which is hard to imagine. And I really just don't want to clean more rooms full of "mysteries" up!