Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Pretty Cool Lady

This is my mom. She's pretty great.

Some things I love about my mom:
- She has always loved my friends, Michael and my munchkins as much as I do.
- She is an amazing singer. She gave up a promising musical career to get married and have me.
- She likes reading my blog. She thinks I'm witty.
- Everyone thinks we look alike. I'm glad she's such a foxy lady.
- She used to dress me and my brothers up and make us sing in roadshows. I liked it, but the boys staged a revolt as soon as they were old enough to realize what was going on.
- For many years she would spend entire Saturdays hanging out in stuffy high school gyms watching the same dance routines over and over while I competed.
- She was also the only mom patient enough to take me and a bunch of my giggling high school girlfriends shopping for Homecoming dresses. We spent the entire day trying on dresses, then I went back and bought the first one I tried on. The same thing happened with wedding dresses. She didn't complain or act perturbed at all.
- She is pretty much indispensable. When she came out to help after T was born, somebody from back home called her every 10 minutes to ask for help. I begged her to stay longer, then I cried when she left.

There are lots more things I could say about how terrific my mom is, but I have to save something for next Mother's Day. So, happy Mother's Day Mom. I love you.

3 comments:

Swordfish said...

You do have a great mom, and she is a wonderfully nice Aunt to. Happy Mother's day.

vcsings said...

Hey! Thats me! Wish I could fit into that dress now! I guess I had better start working on it. Thanks for the wonderful words. What maybe you didn't realize when you were a teenager was that I was having the best time of my life enjoying my kids and their friends!Love you lots, MOM

Amy D said...

It's nice to put a face with all those cute comments!