Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Life's New and Improved Lessons

Never Wake a Sleeping Baby.
Unless he fell asleep with a stinky diaper on his bottom and a half-chewed chicken nugget in his mouth.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Unless you live with a doctor. Then try garlic.

Man cannot live on bread alone.
I have a kid that can, though.

You are what you eat.
In that case I have a child that who should resemble a giant piece of bread.

Crime doesn't pay.
Last week at the checkout counter at Albertson's the checker was fawning over how cute Alice was. That is, until Alice said, "Guess what? Today at lunch I was laughing so hard that I burped and tooted at the same time!" While we were thusly distracted, T was busy snatching the checkout line candy from his seat in the toy car attached to the front of the shopping cart. When discovered, Seth exclaimed, "Good idea T! Save that, we might need it for later!"

Pretty is as pretty does.
And naughty is as naughty does.

Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Nobody ever said anything about how you have to get up nine times in the night to get water, wipe bums and check for snakes under the bed. Then, you have to rise early because there are so many extra bodies in the bed that you fall off.

The early bird gets the worm.
And the last Pop-Tart.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Or grouchy and whiny.


Attention soccer fans! Click here to visit Shonda's blog. Cute, huh? Now guess which legs are mine! The prize I am offering for this exciting contest is the privilege of being right!
(No fair guessing if you are on the team.)

10 comments:

vcsings said...

Your blogs always give me my first laugh of the day! I vote for the far left flamingo legs.I only got 4hours of sleep, and oh yeah, Mallorie has the chicken pox. SURPRISE! and SORRY! MOM

Tamy said...

Let see I got up at 12am, 12:30, 1am then at 4am and finally 5:30 then I got to stay in bed till 8am.
I think Mandy you are the pink legs with the ball?

Kristi said...

I agree with your mom. the long and lengthy ones on the left.

Amy D said...

I love your Mandy-isms! I'll go check out the soccer blog, but I think your Mom is right. A mother knows her daughter's legs!

Mandy said...

No, she doesn't. Though, I am flattered that everybody so far thinks I have the legs of the youngest skinniest player on the team!

vcsings said...

OK, so you are the one in the middle with the white knee socks, right? MOM

Mandy said...

There ya go!

Swordfish said...

Even though it has already been revealed, looking at your legs you have Elder knees. LOL

Jenn said...

Mandy,

This blog reads like one of those chain emails. You're such an entertaining writer. Chain emails...hmmmmm...

Also, have you ever thought of looking for original names for your kids in the word verifications for these posts. Zhakxat, what a great name! You could call him zhak or maybe Xat for short. What do you think?

Another Idea would be to combine the first names of the parents, like so many people's grandparents names who live in Idaho (LaVon, LeeAnn,etc.).

Our kids name would be Jorjen. Sounds too much like Georgian...but then people might be onedering about her origin. Especially if she says Y'all. Hey, Y'all, hey, Y'all!

Read that last paragraph again, pretty sweet, huh. Maybe I should move back to Oakland and sign with a label as a rap-artist. Or maybe I could move to Nashville and become the world's first red-neck rapper.

anyhow, maybe Georgian or Georgianne (I've actually that one) would be a better name for one of Emily's kids when she gets back from her mission and has a family.

Jordan


Jordan

Jenn said...

I wish I could go back and edit comments. My parenthesis in the last comment should read (I've actually hurd that one).

I'm even starting to right like a redneck! I lerned it in my creative spelling class at Redneck Hi skool in Hiram, Utah. Just kidding, Jen. I can only say that because my wif went to Mt. Crest, and because she has already red this blog so probably won't red it again.

Idirxo, is the name that shows this time. Wasn't that the name of the idiot Greek God that looked in the mirror and fell in love with himself.

How, can you fall in love with yourself, that is messed up, unless you have split personalities. No, Jordan, that was actually Narcissus (unsure on the spelling) that fell in love with himself. My, bad. Don't sweat it Jordan, you're too hard on yourself.

Jordan