Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Birthday Princess

My darling daughter will be turning four next week. She reminds me of this fact every five minutes. In fact, most of her sentences for the past several days have began with the phrase "On my birthday . . . ."

She doesn't want much, just a princess castle cake, a princess dress, a Cinderella doll, a talking computer with a horse on it, candy, pink legos, dresses that flare out when she twirls, and for me to paint her bedroom "like Tinkerbell." And today she added two more things, "And a house that is big enough so we can get a dog. And a dog."
The good news is, she is the type of kid who will forget about what she thought she wanted once she opens a present.
The other good news is, a little disappointment builds character.

4 comments:

Swordfish said...

This is the last year she will forget those things. From 5 on up they may make a list and try to keep you to it. I am sure you know that already now.

amydear said...

Happy Birthday, Princess Alice! My kids want a dog sooo bad, but they know they're not getting one, so they're vying for a fish. I am not a pet person, so I'm stalling. I know, a fish is easy, but you still have to find someone to feed it when you go out of town. And all animals poop. If they didn't, we'd have a pet. : )

Amy D said...

Cute little Alice. Happy Birthday to you! Good for you, Mandy, for not spoiling her rotten.

vcsings said...

Dear Mandy and Alice, I sent Alice's birthday card today so it will probably not get there tomorrow, but just wanted you to know I love you lots! Grandma