Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and The Big, Hungry Bear

Adapted from the book by Don and Audrey Wood
Hello Little Mouse. What are you doing?
Ohhh, I see. Are you going to pick that red, ripe strawberry?
But, Little Mouse . . . Haven't you heard about the big, hungry Bear?
Oh, how that bear loves red, ripe strawberries! The big, hungry Bear can smell a red, ripe strawberry a mile away . . .
Especially one that has just been picked.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! That bear will tromp through the forest on his big hungry feet and . . .
SNIFF! SNIFF! SNIFF!
find the strawberry . . . no matter where it is hidden, or who is guarding it, or how it is disguised.
Quick! There is only one way in the whole wide world to save a red, ripe strawberry from the big, hungry Bear!
Cut it in two. Share half with me. And we'll both eat it all up.
Yum! Now that's one red, ripe strawberry that the big, hungry Bear will NEVER get!
The End.

9 comments:

Tamy said...

Yummy.....I want strawberries now. Maybe Stawberry shortcake. mmmm.

Jenn said...

I love strawberries! How funny - I just made a bunch of strawberry jam last week, too! We can't eat store-bought jam anymore, so it's a good thing I have a freezer full, huh? Now we're just waiting for the raspberries to come in! Cute pictures!

MegaPPod said...

Stop with all the creativity already. My goodness, you are making the rest of us look bad. And, to top it off you are making homemade jam!

Parkside View said...

Mandy, I have to say that I love reading your blog (I've been secretly doing it now for quite some time--oh no! My secret is out. I am addicted to blog perusing!). If I need a little "pick-me-up" I come to your site. It takes me back to the good old days at Logan high when we sat on the floors of the halways eating lunch and listening to your witty conversations. I'm glad to see that you haven't lost your touch with words!

Love,
Amber

Amy D said...

We LOVE that story! We had strawberry smoothies for our FHE treat tonight, so we're on the same wavelength. Yum!

Swordfish said...

I love fresh strawberries,last year I made jam for the first time. We loved it. I to am waiting for raspberries to come on. To tell the truth I prefer the raspberries.

Amber, you probably don't remember me, but it's good to see you around. I hope all is going well with you and your family.

Raina said...

ok.. this was too creative! This is one of our favorite books, and your pictures are too cute. I LOVE this!

Melanie said...

Ok, that was hilarious. I have a sudden craving for homemade strawberry jam.

Jen said...

Cute! And your jam looks awesome! I guess that's why I haven't see you much! You have been little miss industrious and I have been vegging at the swim park! Come join us, you are making me tired.