Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Caution: Guts Being Hated Ahead

I hate insurance. I hate insurance companies . . . particularly their guts. This is harsh, but it is making me feel a little better. I am beginning to believe that the CEO of our company is actually Gargamel. Or maybe Prince Humperdinck. Sombody diobolical.

I'd like to make our insurance company stand in line for three hours in the Gobi Desert to wait for water and then when it got to the front of the line I'd say "Sorry Insurance Company, you have the wrong ID number." And when it got the right ID number and waited three more hours in the desert, I'd say "Sorry Insurance Company, but you have to get pre-approval to drink water."
And then I would laugh maniacally.

It might make me feel better to go to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Shopping is probably cheaper than therapy anyway, especially since the odds of the insurance company covering therapy are slim to none.

Or trying these on might make take me to a happy place.

Or these.

And yes, mom. Alice birthday pictures are forthcoming. As soon as Michael comes home with the camera (which may be tonight, or three days from now. You never know.)

4 comments:

Swordfish said...

Yes I feel the same way about insurance companies.

BUT

Those shoes rock. I love the first pair. The second ones are cute, but the first one rocks. I would love for work. I say try them on and walk around the store for a while, admire how nice they look.

vcsings said...

Did you notice the PRICE?!?!?!? The first pair are really cute, but if I bought the 2nd pair I wound NEED therapy.(Not to mention traction and a leg brace because of all the falling down off of those heels!)It is a good thing the designers are not required to wear their own shoes. Have fun window shopping! Looking forward to the pics. Love MOM

Tamy said...

Are we talking about Health Insurance or Car Insurance?
But in either case I feel the same way they need some MAJOR overhaul.

Love the first pair of shoes way cute.

Mandy said...

Mom, I will not buy them. The are being admired for therapeutic purposes only.

Tamy, I have never had a run in with an auto insurance company, that is not to say that it won't ever happen.

Any way, a day later . . . I am kind of over it. Still a little bugged, but pretty close to over it.