Listen to my daughter on this video. She asks questions like that all day long. It is usually hilarious, but sometimes it's not. (Why is your hair messy like that? Why don't we get a dog? Isn't Aurora's dress lovely? Why don't you wear pretty dresses?)
Living here has been an adventure. We keep finding "pets" that try to adopt us.
Like this one, for instance.
Just look at his disgusting little plague infested nose. T kept trying to pet it, and called it a "doggy." The weird icky thing wasn't even scared of us. Michael poked it with a stick, and the purveyor of black death didn't even have the sense to run away. Seriously, I think it had rabies.
Moving on;


Meet Newt (The kids named him that. It is from Monte Python. Don't ask how they know, it is all my husband's fault). He was our pet salamander for a couple of hours after he ran out from under the bed at me one day. He may or may not have been covered in dust bunnies. I'll never tell, especially since you are all convinced that my house is completely spotless.
I will also not confess to any screaming or jumping on the bed in terror. I will admit that is a good thing Michael was home.
Poor Newt, it is too bad that we didn't do our Google search on salamanders until after we gave him a bath (which he may or may not have needed to remove hypothetical dust bunnies). That is how we found out that tap water is toxic to salamanders.
And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
8 comments:
I am glad to know that my two girls are not the only girls in the world who ASK questions all day long with no end in sight. Love the critters, just glad they are not in my yard.:)
Um, YUCK! I am not good with creepy crawly things, or things with fur that should't be touched. I have to admit that Braden's questions are just starting, and so far I'm still loving them!
And do your kids just keep repeating the question louder and louder until someone responds? I can't believe the salamander was under your bed. I don't think Jenelle would've ever slept again.
I have a few kids like that, right now it is Colton. He questions everything, but I guess that is a sign of intelligence right? As far as salamanders, I love them, and I wish I could go out and catch them with my kids. I used to love finding them in little rain puddles on the coast.
I hear you on the questions! Will they never stop sometimes? And great job telling the salamander story. Such great writing--made me laugh out loud. Poor Newt.
A salamander in your house is pretty bad. However, geckos are very similar only their tails fall off when you try to catch them and leave behind a bloody trail. We get them all the time and I refuse to touch them, thus making catching them pretty difficult.
Cool "pets"! My boys think you're so lucky to have so many critters around. Can we come visit? And what IS that first one?
That lovely creature is a mole.
Post a Comment