
Remember that old REM song, Shiny Happy People? Remember the part at the end when it goes doot, doot, doo-doo, doot? I really like that part.
The whole house is clean, all at once.
Today we made it to church on time.
I have been watching episodes of Psych and Pushing Dasies online since there is absolutely nothing else to watch on TV, and because I am alone since my honey worked 110 hours this week. They are funny. I've reserved all the seasons on DVD from the library.
Hummingbirds are attracted to the fuchsia that I planted in the window boxes on my deck. Hummingbirds are cool.
I wore red patent leather heels today. They aren't new, I just like to wear them.
My baby learned how to say truck. Only it doesn't sound like truck. It sounds like a naughty word that rhymes with truck.
My daughter has all the words to Yellow Submarine memorized.
My son won the 800 at the local community track meet for kids, though his favorite event was the javelin. Not surprising, since he typically isn't allowed to throw sharp pointy objects at home.
Yesterday I bought some school supplies at Target. I also bought Crayola smelly markers, and now my whole desk smells like fake strawberries.
Wicked is coming to Portland next year.
9 comments:
I love sleeping in...
A good book....
happy kids.....
Watching my girls play with each other and how much they love their baby brother.
Now I am happy! I have seen Wicked twice. It is very enjoyable! Psych is very funny. I've never watched Daisies, but it intrigues me. I'm sorry Michael is gone so much. We should come visit you soon. Or you could come here. Maybe Labor Day?
We should definitely get together soon, that would make me happy!
That "truck" pronuciation must be inherited, I remember you used to do the same thing at about that age. We had to work with you on that one. The beauty of it is, the poor two year old has no clue, thank goodness! Love your list, humming birds are definitely COOL.
110 hours, eh? That really is something to brag about - for both of you. Glad you made it through the week in good enough shape to post a happy face and lots of good things. Also glad you enjoyed my humor - truthfully it is likely lost on most of my family and friends.
I also love having my entire house clean at the same time - that is truly joyful! Braden said truck the same way - I think all kids do!
You made me laugh, thanks. I also read it to Scott and he laughed also. He said you are braver than I am if you wore your red shoes to church. I have a pair of red leather shoes, we lovingly call them "hooker" shoes. I have yet to wear them to church or work, but I love to wear them around the house.
I hate that Michael is gone so much, and many weeks I relate. I LOVE those red heels, I was admiring them yesterday. I can't wait for Wicked. I don't tolerate R.E.M well, but I like the Sesame Street version. Thanks for the funny post!
long time no see! How is is going? I need to find out where we got peaches last year - is it time yet? by the way - I LOVE Psych, love it. no better 80's references than that show.
Post a Comment