Thursday, March 5, 2009

Trouble Revisited

He actually hasn't been that much Trouble lately, but now the name has stuck. He doesn't even take all his clothes off anymore after we put him to bed. Maybe it is time for us to think up a new name (or use one of the thousand other nicknames he already has.)

This is how he eats his apple slices:



And trains are his new passion. Trains used to be Seth's passion, so now he's showing T the ropes. I was worried that I had saved all these trains for years for nothing . . . finally he has an interest!

Lately T likes to pick up toys and pretend that he is singing into them like a microphone. He says "I 'merican Idol, Mommy." Which makes me wonder, where did he learn about American Idol? And when did they start singing Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam on that show?
I certainly haven't said anything about AI, and the other two kids have no idea what American Idol even is.
That leaves a few possible scenarios:

-After I leave for soccer Wednesday nights, Michael gets T out of bed and they watch it together.

-The childcare provider at the gym is secretly training the tots to be pop stars while their mothers are in the cardio-blast class.

-The nursery leaders at church might be in cahoots with the gym employees in this aspiration.

-Sesame Street is spoofing American Idol while I am in the shower. This is the most likely scenario, I suppose.

Still, those nursery leaders are going to be suspect in my mind for a while.

4 comments:

Swordfish said...

That is to funny. I am glad for your sake T has taken after trains. Good luck finding out the culprit behing American Idol.

Jen said...

He is no trouble at my house! He is adorable. And super smart, too. I think you should suspect Barbie. She might be teaching them the weather and putting on DVRd American Idol.....

amydear said...

Glad he's decided to like trains! I remember being so jealous that Seth would play with trains -- quietly -- all of sacrament mtg. And I'm guessing that Michael's waking him up for late night TV viewing.

Parkside View said...

Didn't Brooke White sing "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam" on American Idol?