Friday, June 19, 2009

On Our Paternal Figure

Dr. Michael Cheerio, BS, BA, MD, DMD, DDS, PHd, MA, XYZ PDQ, DAD, XOXOX.
He earned more letters after his name. We are so proud.

Musings on Michael as a dad:

- According to the kiddos, his grilled cheese sandwiches are far superior to mine. Probably due to his prolific use of butter, which I can never bring myself to use so gratuitously.

- Always up for reading a picture book, watching Star Wars and eating fruit snacks.

- Explains black holes, atoms, physics, electricity and microbes for bedtime stories to the kids. They eat it up.

- Can fall asleep on the living room floor while the kidlets are using him as a play structure.

- Has taken the punks camping twice already this summer. Seth asks to go again every weekend.

- Has passed on to our children the hereditary trait of sleep walking and talking. Some wacky stuff goes on here at night. I'm so close to getting a hotel bolt on the front door so that Seth doesn't take off down the street at 2:00 am.

- The entire neighborhood knows when he gets home after work by the yells of joyous rejoicing echoing from our front door.

He's a great one. We'll keep him.
Happy Father's Day!

7 comments:

Swordfish said...

Congratulations Michael.....Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Tamy said...

Congrates!!! That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

COngrats! And happy father's day, Michael!

vcsings said...

Micahel is great!!!Hope your Fathers' Day was great too. Love you!

vcsings said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Parkside View said...

Isn't he too young to have all of those degrees (or am I getting older than I want to admit)? That's awesome!

I loved how you honored him with this entertaining post. Man, but you have a way with words, even if you don't have a way with grilled cheese sandwiches :)

Mandy said...

Amber, I may have exaggerated the amount of letters that are after his name. I started typing and just couldn't stop. He really only owns three of those titles (only?)
Unless you count DAD and XOXOX . . . because he totally owns those two!