Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Run and Jump

We attended the annual All-Comer's Track Meet.
For your viewing pleasure:

Someone's head is in the way, but you can still get a feel for the amazing (and yet unnecessary) air Seth gets over every hurdle.
Okay . . . . so we'll work on his form.
Alice insisted on running the big kid hurdles, even though she was much too little. She fell a few times but kept plugging along to finish at a dead last to raucous supportive applause. I received multiple compliments on her "stick-to-it-ness." She's a trooper. And she still got a ribbon.
The baby hurdles were a little easier to manage.
Seth trying the high jump. He has the basic technique down.
Poor Alice . . . does not. But she still got a ribbon!
I didn't get nearly enough pictures . . . but we had a ball!

4 comments:

Tamy said...

That is so cool for the kids....do they teach them the event before they try it? Is this a school or private event? Your kids are so athletic mine not so cordinated.

Swordfish said...

That looks like a fun activity, I bet there were tons of people there. On a side note our cousin Benjamin Wood is moving to Portland to explore his future, he has no job and really no ideas just going on a whim with some friends, I told him you lived there and he was surprised :) Don't think he will need you but I told him you were there if he needed anything.

amydear said...

They have these at Hayward Field in Eugene. We've been meaning to go all summer, but never made it. Maybe next year. Looks like the kids had tons of fun.

Parkside View said...

Those are some great action shots!