My dad is recovering, the twins arrived healthy and safe, we love our new home and neighborhood, Michael's new job is going well, and we only feel overwhelmed about half the time instead of all the time.
So. A new year. A new resolution. This year I'd like to catch up. I'm behind on virtually everything. The scout patches aren't sewn on the uniforms, the blog has been neglected, I haven't volunteered at the kids' school nearly as much as I like, and my closet is about to be declared a nuclear waste zone. I haven't had to time to be as social as I'd like since we moved to the new neighborhood. There are still pictures to be hung on the walls, and I haven't actually seen the bottom of the laundry basket in a while. I don't take as many photos of the kids as I'd like, I haven't read a book since last January, I'm dying to get back into shape, and I have a backlog of recipes to try in a binder in a kitchen cabinet and a folder of projects on Pinterest that I've been eyeballing.
Can I do it all? Probably not. But if I can get some, or most of it done....even started, I'll feel better about life in general. I need to be realistic though, the fact is that I still have five kids. I still change a dozen diapers every day and spend hours every week driving to soccer, piano, dance, pre-school, etc. It takes 30 minutes every three hours just to feed the twins. I have 3X more house to clean than I used to and a high-maintainence yard to take care of.
Maybe my New Year's resolution should just be to vacuum the van.
4 comments:
ditto... but I only have 4 kids
Just keep swimming! And pick a short book to read. You are amazing to do as much as you do. Good luck!
Could you vacuum my car too? JK!
Your third paragraph sounds so similar to my year this year! We must have both had babies--and you had two of them! Way to go, Mandy. You're my hero!
Post a Comment